Chapter 4

"They're looking at us, I just wanna show them how lucky I am because I was the only one who can hold this hand." Chaeyoung let out a possessive answer as she looks down at their grip then wrapped their hands tighter if that is even possible, smirking like she won in a million dollar lottery by just being able to touch and lowkeyly claim Mina's hands as hers. But her winning streak wasn't occurring and this isn't her lucky day, yet, so her grin became a pout when Mina only smirked and found her words ridiculous even if it is supposed to be sweet, endearing and heartwarming in a sense.

Sugary words was never Chaeyoung's forte, she's not that type of a sweet talker for she always keep her feelings on her own and never say anything about it. She doesn't watch too much dramas too to end up like a leading character whose words and lines were made to scar in the viewers' minds as they watch. And Mina wasn't that type, too.

"They can hold my other hand then?" Mina playfully asked to piss the younger girl. She even held up her other hand and pretended to be holding something. The act was childish, and Chaeyoung is more childish to bite the trap and burst out just because of that.

"To hell with that?! Of course not! I'm the only one who can hold both of your hands." the younger rolled her eyes while pulling Mina's other hand down to make it land flat her thighs and not floating mid air like she is imagining to be holding someone else's hand beside her. The little gesture made Mina giggle again, and she coulen't help but pinch Chaeyoung's cheek, so she does just that.

"As if..." she replied, almost whispering before looking down like she found something interesting in the ground, only to hide a frown. But it wasn't long after she let out another light and soft chuckle, forcing herself to smile in a millisecond and never mind Chaeyoung's statement for it'll only bring her to further questions, hesitations, resentments and much more realistic and painful ideas that can ruin not just hers, but both their days. After a while, she looked up straight again, hiding the confusion she was really feeling at the moment.

Chaeyoung is possessive.

For someone who's more than a stranger but less than a bestfriend, in between the titles and labels they don't even know how to work and if it would change anything in their current relationship, Chaeyoung is possessive. But Mina surely loves it and longs for when Chaeyoung becomes that, a possessive in between. She feels like someone at least wants her as her and only her, that someone wants them for herself only without sharing. At least she feels like someone wants to keep her and be with her... and the fact that it is Chaeyoung makes her about to collapse in happiness but break down at the same time...

Mina wants to say yes, she is dying to say yes. She wants to tell and assure the latter that she will be the only one who can hold both of her hands, that she is Chaeyoung's, but can't. She knows.

Maybe Chaeyoung would want to keep her and hold her (there is a big possibility considering her actions and the way she makes her feel and the looks on her eyes and face), but Mina knows she can't be the one to do that too on Chaeyoung's hand forever. She knows that she can't be the one to be with Chaeyoung during summer, autumn, winter and spring, or any coming seasons...

Still holding each other, they continued to walk ever so slowly, spending time and savoring the moment. The sun is near to going down and settling beneath the horizon to call it a day after doing its own role of providing light for that particular side of Earth, ready to move on to the latter side and announce that morning is coming. Ready to move on to another day of suffering after the leaving with no choice of staying because that is how it has and should be, and no one can ever change the undying cycle of life and everything associated with life.

The air is getting colder and colder. The soft wind breezing gently caresses their exposed skins, giving them chills down the spine for the mean time, adding to the relaxing feeling they are already in just by being able to be together and walk with each other side by side.