Chapter 5

Being there for a stranger and staying in their company as a moral support, either you are the one who needs to listen or speak, it was one of the best feeling one missing soul could experience.

People need unbiased opinions, not based judgements. Anything could feel so fulfilling, but being completely honest without the fear of saying a serious offense base on a one-sided story from a colleague or a friend is a different kind of feeling.

Having new people by your side and listening attentively — either actually listening or just letting every word enter your ear and let it out on the other, elicits the same kind of fulfillment, too.

But being friends with a stranger, brainstorming insane ideas that neither would say no to, sharing rants and gushes without any discomfort and fear of being judged, and also without the guilty feeling of just using someone as a listening ear... it feels even better.

People tend to believe that we shouldn't talk to strangers, nor approach any for we don't know them totally or even barely. We don't know how strangers think and we don't know the possible things they can do. We don't know their plans and secrets, we don't understand their perceptions, and they can cause potential harms and even danger.

Parents often tell their child to never talk to strangers, too. Saying they might abduct them and take them away, saying terrifying things and stories that strangers may do, giving them false beliefs to stay away from people they don't know or people who are new to their eyes.

But no, they all tend to miss the most beautiful part of engaging with strangers, may it be on your way home, during your bus ride, when you go for a walk, during shopping in the mall, eating on a restaurant or crying on the rain.

Strangers won't judge you for they were just strangers and they doesn't even know you to begin with.

They won't be unfair and unjust in giving advices.

They don't know your past and present situation so they won't use that against you or against their decision and judgements upon your concern.

They can be true to you without plasticity and without any pretentious act to please you and make you believe in lies.

Strangers are the best companion. They were the best people we could ever have as an adviser.

"I'm hungry..." Chaeyoung mulbles before pouting and looking around to find a food stall or even a sidewalk vendor who sells food intended for passersby. And the younger girl's face lit up a shade of rainbows and unicorns when she finally saw a stall meters away from where they currently stand. She then happily skipped steps and ran towards it before snatching her own purse from inside her jeans' pocket. "Two ice cream sandwiches, please ma'am," she requested, smiling innocently at the old woman behind the stall counter.

Mina silently followed the girl with a smile on her face while she also caresses her tummy, feeling it growl in embarrassment because yeah, she is hungry, too, just like Chaeyoung and it is a good thing that Chaeyoung's craving reminded her that she also is, or else she wouldn't have minded feeling her tummy growl in emptiness. She hasn't eaten lunch, and she regrets it now.

After clearing her order and paying for the sandwiches, Chaeyoung turns to Mina and handwd her one sandwich that the older gladly took while mouthing a simple 'thanks' only to be ignored by Chaeyoung as she started munching her own food and putting herself inside a bubble of her own world when she eats.

"Sorry, that's the only thing I can buy for us." Chaeyoung apologizes when they both finished eating and they stayed at where they sit for a while.. Mina shook her head in disagreement and said it was okay and that was enough for her, and that Chaeyoung doesn't have to spend too much money for food when they can enjoy anything as long as they are together.