Chapter 13

Chaeyoung never saw Mina again.

She never get to hold Mina's hand again.

She never got another chance to talk to Mina again.

She didn't even get to tell Mina how she feel.

And when she opened her eyes, she was greeted by the same scenery once again...

She smiled bitterly and wiped her tear stained eyes before leaving and walking alone. She then looked up, there are falling leaves, people, sky, and she's still on the street, at the exact same street like Mina just happened yesterday... she's still on the street, at the exact same street like a Deja Vu.

Her stressful but fun shift in the café just finished and she said proper farewell to Dahyun, this day finally marking the last time she'll ever enter that job because she already submitted her resignation and got it signed. And as always like she used to do everytime her shift is done, she went for a walk in that same street, under the same sky, with the leaves falling and detaching from tree branches covers her way.

Though the words she want to say to Mina piles up as the way some questions she wanted to ask Mina got thicker and thicker like how the snow does during winter, all she can do for now is ask herself what had gone wrong.

Mina is still out of reach and still haven't show up even today, and Chaeyoung doesn't even have an idea on where the other girl might be right now. She doesn't even know if she a chance to even see and get a glimpse of Mina still stands with her hopes of feeling her warmth.

Mina's cute plump and thin lips, Mina's brown, straight shoulder length hair that is probably long by now, Mina's shoulders, Mina's dark brown orbs that dilated whenever she looks at it, Mina's pointed nose and the mole on its bridge, Mina's sweet gummy smile, Mina's priceless expressions, and Mina's cute walk are still scarred on the back of Chaeyoung's memories and never left her subconscious. Chaeyoung is not sure if she'll get to see those beautiful view again sooner or later and even if she refuse to let the fact sink into her and process the possibility that she may never see Mina again, she still kept herself waiting, hoping and wishing through.

Chaeyoung's thoughts as many as the number of stars in the sky got her confused and screaming to escape out her chaotic thoughts. Buy she wants to keep the memories in silence and in secret for it to not disappear, for her to not lose it because she believes that she might  forget it when she let it all out.

The last time is still haunting her.

She still remembers how they both looked up the night sky while walking toward the bus stop, how they pointed at the stars and admired how beautiful they twinkle and shine– with heavy, breaking and aching hearts that are full of secrets and words untold.

She still remembers how they both looked at each other right after, and how they saw the most beautiful star they'll ever see in each other's delighted orbs– without seeing the pain they were both feeling because they are able to hide it deep inside for they are too afraid of ruining that last moment.

Chaeyoung smiled sadly as she reached the soccer field with some kids wearing uniforms playing and having fun. She looked at the exact same bench where they spent the night, and she felt her heart throbbing in a not so nice way.

"If I held your hand, will I be able to close this distance between our hearts? Will I finally be able to tell you how much I love you? Will I hear you say those words too?" she whispered and reached for her neck to take off the red scarf she was wearing. She stared at it, her smile depleting and turning sadder each second. The cross-stitched tiger cub and penguin are still there, the word MiChaeng is still there... but unfortunately, the other half of MiChaeng isn't there with her, the owner is nowhere to be found, the real owner is gone.