Chapter 20- Face Time

Start from the beginning

Mom started giggling, "What?"

Oh great.

"Do not pay any heed to her mom." I said, biting on my lips to keep myself from laughing also.

"And why haven't you zipped up your cloth, young lady," mom asked, reminding me of the plight I was in.

I sigh, "It keeps getting stucked at my waistline and my hands were beginning to hurt." I let out, frustrated.

"FYI, you are getting fat, like faaaaat." Tess drawled.

"You are not getting any leaner yourself." Drew said, coming to my defense.

"Thank you for pointing that out Drew."

"It is the fish! At least I am not denying it, Kay is." She said.

I gasp in surprise, "when did I deny it?" I ask, flailing my hands and placed it on my waist in a V-shape.

"I don't know, I thought you did."

Just imagine.

Mom stood there and watched us, as we banter back and forth.

"Mom help me out here." I pleaded and she gave me, the why-was-I-brought-Into-this look.

"Here," she said instead and walked closer to where I stood and nudged me to turn around. "Let me help you with the zip honey. Try folding your shoulders backwards." She continued, as she tugged at the zip.

"Oh ok," I replied, somewhat unsure of what she wanted me to do exactly, but did as instructed.

No sooner did I hear the sound of the zip moving up with ease.

"Thanks mom," I said feeling grateful.

"You are welcome. Uhm I gotta leave now to go make sure everything is put in place. Be quick to finish up here, you've got people that wants to meet you." Mom said and gave us a warm smile.

I thought I was done meeting new people, because I had met lots and lots of people relating to my grandparents and family, earlier today at morning mass. They had held a memorial service, just for grandpa because he and grandma were catholics.

She happily waved at Drew, and Tess and pecked me on the cheeks. She hastily left the room and paused by the door and turned to look at me grinning.

Before I could ask why she was smiling crazily, she spoke up, "Lest I forget, Derrick has been asking of you." She sang and disappeared, leaving me to blush and smile like a crazy person.

My thoughts trailed to what had happened yesterday at his house. I just started giggling totally forgetting the two people on the screen.

"Who is Derrick?" Tess asked in all seriousness.

I yelped, letting my smile vanish, "You scared me Tess".

"That doesn't answer the question Kay. What has this Derrick, done to make you all dreamy?" She continued in that serious tone.

I quickly cleared my throat and studied the expression on my best friends faces. They both gave me a look that says, I can't lie neither can I evade their question.

This is gonna be one hell of a conversation.

***

"You look beautiful as always, Princess," Derrick said, gracing me with his presence when I got to the foot of the stairs. He looked yummy, he was clad in a jeans and grey sweatshirts with a converse. I was beginning to feel mom has had me over-dressed for this event.