Chapter 8: Rogue master's dungeon

“Fool the world! Deride yourself!

Let the world remember you as a clown!”

                                          -Teroskue, the rogue master

It’s currently early morning. It’s been 4 days since Kanos didn’t stop running towards north. It’s been going quite good even if the waves of monsters didn’t stop at all.

“Hey, Protector! I am starting to feel low on mana. It may run out in a day or so.” said Kanos, worrying about what may happen once his mana runs out. “Let’s seek for a safe place then we will…. Hey! I see an underground tunnel! Let’s hide there!” exclaimed Kanos when he saw a small tunnel leading to the underground.

Kanos ran directly into the tunnel. Mysteriously, the monsters that were following Kanos stopped in front of the tunnel. Not a single one came into the tunnel. ‘Hmm? That is weird. But anyway, I need to go deeper just in case.’ Kanos ran even deeper into the tunnel, not knowing what lies beyond….

After running for a while, it got dark, so Protector enchanted light in him. Kanos stopped and looked around. The place seemed to be made by people of great skills. Kanos got curious, but thought of what he needed to do first. He disabled mana armor then sat down on the ground and closed his eyes. Kanos started to take in the mana around him, and stored them inside his body.

“Hm? Whoa, whoa. Kanos, how the heck do you take in mana so fast? I can feel a great amount of mana flowing into you.” Protector said, thinking that he must be half dragon or something.

“..…” Kanos didn’t reply. His concentration was totally into gathering mana into him. After 5 minutes, Kanos opened his blue eyes, shining even brighter since he replenished all of his mana.

Kanos then looked around looking for any special signs, and then he noticed that there was a very big gate 20 meters away. Kanos went near the gate and saw some weird writings on it, but he could somehow read it.

[My name is Teroskue, the rogue master I started as an amateur thief, but now, all of the people call me the rogue master. It’s been a very long time since I have been stealing many great things. It was quite fun to steal things that were considered to be precious and sacred, but now, I am so old. Therefore, I built this dungeon with the help of my friend, Klastra, leaving in this dungeon 3 of the greatest things that I have stolen. To acquire those 3 treasures, you will have to pass each of the tests. Each of the tests will determine whether you are worthy of the treasures or not. Well, it’s not my fault if you die. You could get out of here right now, if you val……..]

Then for the next writings, Kanos couldn’t understand because the writings were so old. Kanos’s mind was starting to get excited. “!!! Klastra? The red dragon? So that means that Teroskue, the rogue master, was a friend of Klastra? Maybe Klastra isn’t a furious dragon!” Kanos said, with his mind filling up with excitement.

“Kanos! I think it’s…”

“It’s what?” Kanos asked, thinking that Protector will say that it’s a bad idea to go in there.

“I think it’s a good idea to go in there and get the treasures! Man! I am sooooo~ excited!” Protector said, so excited to see what treasures there are.

“Yup! Let’s get these treasures that rogue master Teroskue left! Mana armor, activate!” Kanos started to prepare himself before opening the big gate.

“Alright, Kanos! Let’s get them all!”

******************************************************************

           GGiiiiikk….. Kanos opened the door, and tried to observe what’s inside. Kanos found nothing special except a map in front of him. Kanos stepped forward and picked up the map. It showed that Kanos was inside a massive tower-like structure, with a total of 439 floors and he was on the top. It indicated that he is supposed to go down to the first floor to get the treasures.

           “…… What the heck?! So, I am supposed to go down for 439 times?!” said Kanos, so surprised by the information.

           “438 times, Kanos. Not 439 times”

           “…well, that’s not important! What really matters is how much we should go! This map even shows that this place is extremely massive!”

           “Whatever, Kanos. Let’s get going!” shouted Protector with joy. Kanos started to move forward while looking at the map. After a while, he saw that on each floor shown in the map was written with small writings.

           “Uhh… 439th floor: 20 orc warriors?! What does it mean?” asked Kanos.

           “….. Uh, Kanos? I think it means those guys over there…” replied Protector, shining the light towards the 20 orcs, fully armored and with swords. “Before fighting, there is one thing that I am wondering right now. How did they survive without eating until now, when this place looks hundreds of years old?”

           “I don’t know about that. All I know is that they are blocking the stairs that lead to the lower floor, and we need to defeat them to proceed.” Kanos replied as he activated mana armor. “Alright, Protector! Enchant ice!” Then Protector enchanted ice to himself.

              Kanos looked at the orcs that were running towards him. Kanos threw Protector towards the orc that was in the front. Protector blasted the head of the first orc and even hurt the ones in the back. Because of the ice enchantment, the orcs that were hit had their bodies slowed down. After seeing that Kanos had no weapon, the orcs ran towards Kanos furiously.

           “Protector! Return!” Then Protector that was stuck at the wall behind the orcs flew back towards Kanos, piercing 2 orcs while flying back. Kanos grabbed Protector and swung it towards the 3 orcs nearby him. The 3 orcs lost their necks and died.

           Kanos continued rampaging in the group of orcs unti such time that all of the orcs lost their lives.

              “Good job, Kanos! If we keep going at this pace, we may reach the place soon!”

           “…Are you kidding me? It took me 15 minutes just to kill them, and this map indicates that as I go lower, stronger and more numerous numbers of monsters will appear! It may take me months before reaching the 1st floor!” Kanos said, falling into desperation.

           “Huhh… What do we do…. What do we… Ah ha! I got a brilliant plan, Kanos!”

           “…Are you going to get me into trouble again like last time?” asked Kanos, remembering the incident that happened few days ago…

           “Nope! Not this time, Kanos! Not this time… Khwe He He He!!!” Protector said, laughing in like a devil.

           “…Alright… What’s the plan?

            “Kuhuhu… it is…”

 Author's words: Umhm! What's going to be Protector's plan? Is it going to be a brilliant one? Or is it gonna be a useless one? Find out in the next chapter!

The wielderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara