Chapter 11: The queen of the spirits of wind

"Do you think you've reached the limit? 

        Wake up from your dreams...

        Do you think that you've seen the end of something?

        It's not. It's a doorway to a new world. 

        Do not stop..."

                                -Sword master, Terisia Alip

        Giiiing.... A small vortex started to form in the middle of sky, at the time when the sun was on its zenith.

        Shiiing... Somebody with a blue spear appeared from the vortex and started to fall from the sky...

        "!!! What the hell! We've been teleported in the sky? What kind of luck do you have, Protector?!" shouted Kanos, falling from the sky.

        "Hey! Don't blame that on me! You wanted to enter the vortex!" Protector replied. 

        "Fly!" shouted Kanos, and his body started to slow down from falling, until he totally stopped in the middle of the sky. Kanos looked around, but he saw no special signs except some clouds nearby.

        "Where are we?"

        "Kanos, let's find that out by going to the ground!' suggested Protector. Kanos then disabled the fly magic and his body started to drop in fast speed.

        After 10 minutes, Kanos was still falling, and he still saw no signs of land closing in.

        "Gahh... It's taking too long. Time alter: triple increase!" Kanos increased his falling speed by three times. Kanos started to fall like a missile aiming for the ground. 

        Five minutes later, Kanos saw something shining in the sky, quite far from him but not a distance that he can't reach.. "Hey! I see something there! Fly!" shouted Kanos, when he saw something shining. He started to move towards the object which was still shining. 

        Ten minutes later...

        "... Uhh.... Protector?"

        ".....Don't ask me..."

        They had reached the place where it was shining, and all they saw was a giant floating castle, which was totally made up of clear crystals. Kanos stepped in front of the castle's gate and disabled fly magic. "Hello?! Anyone in there?" Kanos shouted towards the gate, but no one replied. 

        "Hey Kanos, how is it that we always go to places where there are no intelligent lives? Is this called the destiny that Darian had given to us?" asked Protector, wondering how it's possible for such to keep on happening. Kanos did not reply but also agreed to it.

        Kanos tried to open the gate of the castle and noticed that te gate was slightly opened as if somebody went in already. Kanos passed thorugh the gate and noticed that there were no houses but just the tall structure of the castle itself.. The castle was 200-300 meters tall and 800-1000 meters wide.

        "....." Kanos gazed at the shining castle due to the crystals reflecting the sunlight. It looked so beautiful that Kanos was gazing at it for minutes.

        "Kanos! Wake up!" shouted Protector when he noticed that Kanos was keeping on looking at the castle. Then Kanos snapped out of the gazing moment. Kanos started to walk towards the giant gate which seemed to lead to the inside of the tall structure of the castle.  Kanos tried ot open the door, but then....

        Paaak!!! Very strong wind from the inside pushed the gate very hard, making Kanos fly back. Kanos sensed danger, so he activated mana armor and got ready for the battle. Later on, he saw someone coming out of the castle structure..... A little girl... A little girl who looked like she was 15 or 16 years old came out of the castle.

        "..." Kanos didn't know what to say when he saw the girl. Her hair was totally white, her skin was white, and she was wearing a thin green dress. She looked so cute, but Kanos didn't let her guard down.

     "...Uh.. Kanos? I cannot sense how much mana she has. I could even sense mana up to 8 'circles', but I cannot see hers. This means..... her mana is beyond 9 'circle'."  Protector said feeling nervous of her identity. Kanos was so shocked to hear that, but he had no time to reply.

        "Who dares to enter my castle without permission?!" shouted the little girl. Kanos had countless fights in his life, but right now, he could feel that he was no match to her. Kanos disabled his mana armor and chose to lower down Protector on the ground and kneel.

        "I am sorry for entering your castle, miss. I was falling down from the sky and saw this place, so I came to seek refuge for a while..." Kanos said, looking at the little girl.

        Suddenly, the little girl's eyes shone, and made a little smile. "From the sky? Does that mean that you were teleported from another world?" said the little girl.

        "I was in Midra last time, miss, then I took a vortex while I was on an adventure, ramdomly leading me to this place..." 

        "Haha! Come visitors! I shall welcome you to my castle! You bring that guy too." The little girl said joyfully to Kanos and pointing her finger towards Protector. Kanos was shocked that the little girl knew that Protector had a mind of his own. 

        "Hey! How did you notice me? I thought only Kanos was able to talk to me!" Protector said, being confused at the moment.

        "I am Era, the queen of the spirits of wind! I know how to see everything including a soul attatched to a spear!"  Era replied in a cheerful way. Kanos was shocked to hear that the little girl that he is looking at is a queen of the spirits of wind. "Come inside! We have a lot to talk about.!~"

       "..." Kanos obey the order and followed Era to the inside of the castle, thinking, 'That is one weird queen.....'