Chapter 4: Misunderstanding

“Misunderstanding is alright and all, but

the action triggered by the misunderstanding

can cause destruction to all”

                                                                -Green dragon, Vorinas

Kanos looked at the red ogre and analyzed his body size, speed and even tried to talk to it, but failed. ‘Hmm... I guess this monster lacks intellect. Sorry, but I’ll have to take your life since you are trying to eat us.’ Kanos circled the red ogre swiftly and tried to get the red ogre’s attention only at him.

The red ogre was annoyed by a little kid in front of him when he was trying to kill the two adults. “GRAAA!!!” shouted the red ogre. It swung its hands towards Kanos to grab him, but Kanos was much faster than the red ogre.

By avoiding the attack, Kanos saw a chance to attack the red ogre in the head. ‘Let’s finish this as fast as I can.’ Kanos flashed towards its legs and cut them off at one swing.

“GHA!!! What the hell, Kanos! How dare you let that filthy thing touch my glorious body?!” Protector shouted, covered in the blood of the red ogre. ‘Ha… since I cut off its legs, it won’t be any harm now’ Kanos thought as he turned back towards Zik and Bill. “Watch out!” shouted Protector.

PACKK!!!

The red ogre kicked Kanos with its legs that have just been regenerated after 10 seconds. Kanos flew into a big tree and crashed into it.

Zik and Bill fell into despair again, thinking that a human could never withstand such an attack:”We are gonna die now….”

The red ogre came towards them and spread its arms to crush them.

Then, SLICE!!!

Kanos sliced the ogre’s neck in a flash. “Ah… That was some power that he had. I never knew that monster could regenerate that fast. If I didn’t activate my mana armor, I would have been crushed like an ant! If I meet a monster like that again, I better cut off its neck fast.” said Kanos. “Hey guys! Are you okay?”

“MONSTER!” shouted Bill and Zik. “That’s a blue dragon in human form! I should have noticed when I saw those blue eyes and blue hair! No humans could’ve survived such attack from an ogre!” exclaimed Zik.

“No, no! I am not a….”

“Shut up, you monster! I am not going to let your kinds hurt us humans anymore!” shouted Bill, while they rushed towards Kanos with their swords.

“Please stop!” shouted Kanos.

“Kanos! They are not going to stop! Look at their eyes! They are totally filled with anger and hatred! The only choice is to take their live!” said Protector.

Kanos fell into despair. ‘Do I have to kill them? Will it be my fault? They attacked me first, so it’s their fault! No..no… I can’t kill humans! But if I don’t, I will be killed.’ “KILL OR BE KILLED” a voice echoed inside Kanos’s mind. “I can’t die right now…” Kanos grabbed Protector firmly.

“Die, you monster!” shouted Zik and Bill.

SLASH!!!

Two round objects fell on the cold ground and red liquid started to fill the ground. Kanos started to leave the place silently.

******************************************************************

“Kanos! Are you alright?” asked Protector.

“Yeah. I just killed monsters, not humans.” Kanos said in an abnormally calm manner. Kanos already considered them as monsters since they attacked him while he didn’t do any harm to them. ‘I can’t believe that I had to do something just the same as 5 years ago. Anyway, what happened to my time stopping skill?’ Kanos wondered as he tried to stop time again but failed. ‘I guess something happened to me while I was going into that blue vortex, or maybe, it’s because a human should not have such power.’ Kanos started giving up, but Kanos suddenly thought of something. ‘Maybe my time stopping power got somehow changed while I was coming into the vortex. Maybe it’s no longer time stopping, but something else related to time control!’ “Time, fast forward! Time, slow down!” Kanos shouted, but nothing else happened.

“Hey, Kanos! Have you gone insane already?! What kind of weird command words did you just speak?!” Protector said, looking pathetically at Kanos

 Kanos thought that he couldn’t control the time of outside anymore. ‘Wait a second. What if I can control the time of my body? “Time alter! Double increase!” Then Kanos noticed that his actions became two times faster than normal. ‘!!! With this, I could defeat anyone on my path! But wait. I got to test a bit more. “Time alter! Double decrease!” Then Kanos’s body started moving slower than usual, although, he could still much faster than normal people if he wanted to.

After testing for several more times, Kanos noted in his mind that he can increase and decrease the speed as much as he can, but the higher and lower that he alters the speed, the more mana that was needed. “Alright! With this new power, I could fight more efficiently and even fight stronger ones!” said Kanos, so cheerful after finding out a new power.

“Hey Kanos, were you able to even use magic? That looked like a haste magic, but you could move even faster than a person with haste magic.” said Protector.

“Magic? What’s that? I just used my own skill though.” Kanos replied.

“Well, in this dimension, magic exists. Magic is the act of making one’s imagination come into a real form. Of course, Darian, the lord of the gods, had to put a certain boundary to it, so that no one will go beyond normal. Magic’s classes are divided into ‘circles’. The highest class is nine ‘circles’ and the lowest is one ‘circle’. One has to learn to control mana to use magic, just like what you did at the fight with that ogre. ‘circles’ are also divided into three leves: user, expert and master. For example:

6 ’circle’ user: One who is able to perform a basic 6 ‘circle’ magic

6 ‘circle’ expert: One who is able to perform most of the 6 ‘circle’ magic

6 ‘circle’ master: One who mastered all of the 6 ‘circle’ magic and is even able to cast the magic efficiently.”

“Wow! So, can I learn magic?!” Kanos asked, so excited to learn magic, since he was a fan of reading magic stories back on Earth.

“Well, normally, one who learnt how to use mana on their weapons can’t learn magic anymore, but I can sense that the way that you utilized mana was different from normal people. Maybe…maybe you can learn magic.” said Protector.

By hearing that, Kanos was overjoyed. “Okay! Let’s make our way to Altus city now!”

“Now, that’s the spirit, you punk! Let’s go!” said Protector

“But which way?” Kanos asked Protector.

“…….” After a while, Kanos and Protector walked towards east, not knowing that Altus city was located at the west…

The wielderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें