"What, baby?"

"Is it okay if we all talk before Sejin comes?"

"Of course it is. Are you alright?"

I flash him a semi-sincere smile. "Yes, I'm fine."

He pats my shoulder. "Okay, I'll round up the other members."

Namjoon leaves to go upstairs, and I sit on the couch to patiently wait for them to arrive. My mind is running a mile a minute, in the same manner as the previous night. I shake my leg in hopes of releasing some pent-up energy.

It doesn't work.

When the boys enter the living room, Hoseok's expression is devastating. The man who is normally a ray of sunshine now appears dark and stormy. It's...tragic, really. It makes my heart drop to my stomach. Yoongi doesn't seem like he's doing well either. I can recognize their anxiousness. Hell, I'm on edge myself. The thought and fear of our new idea being shot down are gutwrenching.

"Hi, Noona," greets Jungkook, placing a peck on the top of my head. He settles on the sofa next to me, stroking my hair while the rest of the members get situated. Yoongi is picking at the skin around his thumb, an unconscious habit we share when our anxiety is high. I intertwine our fingers to prevent him from picking any further.

"You good, Audaire?" Seokjin wonders.

"Yeah...s-sorta, I guess." I shift uncomfortably in my seat. "Something happened while you guys were in LA."

Taehyung looks scared. "What was it?"

"I think it's safe to say I now understand the Sope ship," I inform, albeit awkwardly in an attempt to ease into the conversation.

Jimin lets out a loud laugh. "Sope ship?!"

"Aish, why are you starting with that?" Yoongi groans.

"Sorry," I reply before facing the group again. "I'm assuming you guys are aware of Yoongi and Hobi's past relationship." The seven men say yes, so I continue speaking. "Well one night in LA, they realized that they still love each other. And they...got together."

"You hooked up?" Jungkook asks his hyungs.

"Not entirely," Yoongi responds. Hoseok remains silent.

I clear my throat. "I know that a couple of you share similar feelings for one another and I don't want to stifle those feelings." Jimin gives a latent nod at my words. "Basically what I'm trying to get at is that if any of you want to be with each other, you can."

"As in polyamory?" Namjoon entreats.

"Yeah."

A heavy silence falls over the eight of us like a weighted blanket. Yoongi grips my hand tighter, cracking my knuckle in the process. Seokjin is the first person to verbalize his sentiments after a few moments. "But I'm straight."

"Yeah, and I'm the Queen of England," Jimin scoffs.

"I am!"

"Then why do you tell Namjoon hyung that his butt looks good in slacks every time he wears them?"

"I'm being friendly," he rebuttals.

"That's kinda sus, Hyung," Jungkook points out.

Seokjin turns in my direction. "What did he just say to me?"

I giggle. "You've been on Twitter a lot lately, haven't you?"

A sly grin crops up on Jungkook's lips.

Seokjin shakes his head. "Anyway, I'm not 'sus.' I simply like to compliment you guys because I love you."

A chorus of awwws rings out which causes Seokjin's ears to go bright red from embarrassment. I find it endearing.

"Jin," I start, bringing us back to the topic at hand, "you don't have to participate if you don't want to. The choice is yours and I'll respect whatever it is. This goes for all of you, by the way."

"I only want to be with you."

"Okay." I draw my attention to the others, raising a curious brow.

"I like the idea," praises Jimin.

"I do too," Taehyung concurs.

I peer over to Namjoon. "What about you?"

"I've never given it much thought. Being with a man, I mean."

"You probably perceive them differently, being their leader and all. I get it if you don't want any part of this."

"I-I'm not sure," Namjoon falters after taking a minute to give it some thought. "I've found men attractive before, but..." His voice then trails off.

"It's alright, Joon."

"I'm in."

"Hm?"

"Yeah, I'm in. I want to experience new things, so let's do it."

"Are you positive? You seemed hesitant."

"You can be afraid and still have the courage to do it anyway," he says, quoting Dhiman, the poet.

I agree with him before announcing, "You're the last answer we need, Jungkook."

"Of course I'm down. I figured it was evident," Jungkook chortles. "So, like, do we refer to each other as boyfriends or...?"

"I assume," guesses Taehyung. "Except Jin hyung."

A small frown emerges. He wears his heart on his sleeve, so it's impossible for him to be vague.

"Wait," begins Seokjin, taking notice of the youngest's visage and coming over to kneel in front of him. "I am your boyfriend, Jungkook-ah. We just won't do everything boyfriends do. You know what I mean?"

"I do."

"All of you can call me your boyfriend

"All of you can call me your boyfriend. I don't mind." Seokjin then points his finger at the group. "Don't try to get fresh with me though."

I shake my head at his absurdity prior to asking Yoongi, "How're you feeling?"

"A lot better now," he breathes.

Yoongi reaches over to hold Hoseok's hand. "Are you okay?"

"I am," he imparts, leaning in to swiftly peck Yoongi's lips.

Jungkook jokingly gags.

"I didn't think you guys were looking."

"Oh, boy. It's going to take a while to get used to that again," Seokjin laughs awkwardly.

Following this, the doorbell rings and Taehyung goes to answer it. "Ah, Sejin hyung. Come in," he says, moving out of the way for him to enter.

"Audaire, I'm glad you're here," mentions Sejin. "I need to talk to you."

[AN] I have hit over 1k reads and I'm number 1 in btsromance! I never would have guessed in a million years that this would happen. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I go back to school on Monday. I will be very busy with assignments, but I will try to write as much as possible.

Who's excited for Dynamite on Friday? I know I am. My mom is even staying up till midnight to watch it when it comes out. Also, did you guys see the first episode of In The Soop? I can already tell the show will be amazing!

[AN #2] Edited 5/8/21