London Skies

"Here." Clair offered his hand down to Florence.

She quickly slipped her hand into his as he hoisted her up into the carriage. It was nicely lacquered, Clair felt out of place inside. It was surprisingly spacious, Florence quickly drew the curtains back upon entering, heightening the effect. Clair seated himself on the left most side. Florence sat herself across from him.

"It's a shame Cathryn couldn't come." She pouted, not directed towards Clair though.

"Perhaps it's nice to have a break from her." Clair replied lightheartedly.

The carriage started forward with a jolt. Clair studied Florence inconspicuously as she watched the scenery fly by.

She really was beautiful. Her jawline was sharpened, but not in a harsh way. Her hazel eyes shimmered in the sunlight. He could practically feel the warmth emanating from her. Spilling over from her shoulders, wrapping around him. She reminded him of all things bright, chilled lemonade, a daisy, barely wavering in the breeze, a cloudless sky. More than anything he wanted to study her, endlessly. Run his hands along her body, feel her harsh angles, and softened ones. Paint her, draw her, something. Anything.

"Hell, I could write a book about you." Clair exhaled.

He quickly bit his tongue, surprised that he voiced his thoughts. It was true though, she strangely amazed him. Florence looked to him, confused, but smiling all the while.

"I don't think I've ever received a more wonderful compliment than that." She noted thoughtfully.

Clair didn't bite his tongue now.

"I really could. I know exactly how I would describe you. Your face, your angles, the way the sun glints across your cheek when you face that way." He marveled, tilting his chin to emulate the position he had described.

Florence's face relaxed. She was unaware if he was simply being an novelist, or truly admiring her. She raised her delicate fingers to hide her mouth, barely hanging open in surprise. She then smiled at him the most wondrous smile. Starting with just the corner of her pink lips, then her eyes crinkled up.

"Thank you." She spoke softly, wonder filling up in those bright beautiful eyes of hers.

Clair cleared his throat and spoke, "Of course."

"I suppose we can't be too far away." Florence muttered, shifting the subject matter.

Almost as if one cue, the distant chatter of the city could be heard, Clair flashed her a smile.

"Now, what are we planning to do in this town, hm?" His eyes glittered deviously.

She pretended to ponder over his question, batting her eyelashes innocently. Quickly stopping her act, she ticked her hair behind her ears.

Face alight she answered, "It's a surprise."

Clair crinkled his nose suspiciously.

"It is!" She whined playfully, easily subject to his teasing.

"It better be the best surprise I've ever seen."

"Oh, believe me it will."