Chapter 6 ~ The Devil's Lair

Start from the beginning

"This is bloody disgusting," I mumbled as I positioned myself in the toilet and flushed myself down.

I practically flew out of the fireplace. I regained my balance and began walking. I found Hermione by the fountain and stood beside her. We waited for Harry and Ron to show up so we could figure out where we could find Umbridge. Hermione and I were looking at the statues when Harry and Ron showed up. It made me sick just by looking at them.

"Are those--"

"Muggles," Hermione replied before Harry could even finish asking his question. "In their...rightful place."

Ron let out a shaky breath. "I've gotta tell you, I'm starting to freak out a bit," he admitted.

"How long did you say this batch of Polyjuice would last, Hermione?" Harry asked her.

"I didn't," she replied, giving him a worried look. "To be honest, I don't know how long this batch will last."

"Then we better start moving and find Umbridge," I suggested.

We rushed to the elevators as fast as we could, making sure that we got on at the same time. Just as the elevator was about to close, Yaxley stopped it.

"Cattermole," he said, looking at Ron. "It's still raining inside my office. That's two days now."

"Have you tried an umbrella?" he asked.

"You do realize I'm going downstairs, don't you, Cattermole?"

"Downstairs?"

"To interrogate your wife. Now, if my wife's blood status were in doubt, and the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement needed a job doing, I think I might just make that a priority. You have one hour." With that, Yaxley left us and we headed up.

"What am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs!" Ron panicked.

"Ron, you don't have a wife," I reminded him.

"Oh, right," he said, nodding his head and sighing in relief.

Suddenly, we were on the second floor.

"This is Ron and Max's stop," Hermione informed us.

We got off and watched as Harry and Hermione went up another floor.

"How do I make it stop raining?" he asked me.

"Finite Incantatem," I answered.

"Okay, got it. Wait, what if that doesn't work?"

"Try a damn umbrella, then," I replied. I pulled my sleeve down to my wrist and searched with Ron for Yaxley's office. Once we found it, we snuck inside and quickly made it stop raining.

"I knew that spell would work," I said to Ron.

"Okay, so what are we looking for again?" he asked me.

"I don't know, really. Maybe Umbridge asked Yaxley to keep the locket in here. You know, so it can stay safe." I went through the drawers and looked through all of the papers and found nothing. When I closed one drawer, my bracelet got caught on the handle. "Shit."

"What is it, Max?" Ron asked.

"My bracelet got caught on the handle," I said.

He helped me pull it off, but one of my charms fell on the floor.

"What was that?"

"It was a charm from my bracelet." I looked to see which one fell off. "Of course, the one with my name on it falls off. Help me look for it before--"