┖ in risks and options

rough week? here's a chapter. comment and vote please!

"THIS COULD KILL HER, RIGHT?"

Loki looked across the dining table, staring irritatedly at his brother. "No," he deadpanned, "forcing a child to interact with the darkest magic in the nine realms is not a risk at all."

Frigga sent a scolding, but concerned, look to Loki, who's eyes flickered to the door. He had spent most of his time by Eva's side - even though she had been unconscious for the past seven hours.

"If Eva cannot fend off the Blakkr," Frigga explained with a solemn look, another glance to her son. "It might be able to drain the last of her life source before it can find another host."

"What will we do?"

"Haven't you paid any attention at all?" Loki hissed, his fists slamming against the table as he leaned forward. "There is nothing we can do."

Thor didn't seem offended by Loki's aggression, but rather put off. He had been so used to things being in his control - battles, strategies were his strong suits. He held nothing against the magic that Loki and his mother practiced. He had no control over this. 

And a shame, really. Because Eva was finally setting in. 

Thor met Loki's eyes. 

Is settling in. Is. 

"We will wait," Frigga promised soothingly. "Eir said there is no reason to believe she cannot do this - Loki," Frigga's hand pressed over Loki's, whose eyes were locked on the door. "We will wait for her. Eva will fight."

Thor shifted in his seat. The room was silent once again.

Thor squinted against the sun's rays that shone through the large glass windows.

Then he stood up abruptly.

"And where do you keep going off too?" Loki questioned, agitatedly. He watched Thor's expression for a moment, then guessed, "To that child who showed you the pond? Does no one find that concerning in the slightest?"

"She is no threat, Brother," Thor defended immediately, his eyes narrowing. "She is just a child-"

"Thor," Frigga called, her interest peaked. "Who are you two bickering about?"

"S-she," he stammered, then stared off with a sigh before looking back at his mother. "An orphan from the villages." he looked to Loki, justifying his attention with, "She helped us figure out who planted the Blakkr. We owe her-"

"There is an orphan," Frigga repeated, turning to face her son better.

Thor nodded, looking at Loki smugly. Frigga would understand. She had a soft spot for orphans.