⇝ good cop, bad cop ⇜

THREE HOURS LATER, EVA WAS STILL IN A HOLDING CELL

Tony Stark was not thrilled to hear that she had escaped from the original cell, or that she had attacked Wanda, and despite her telling him this was unfair and unethical, he had moved her to a new, more secure one.

"I want to go home," she insisted as he played with the controls of a new cell lock. "You can't keep me here forever."

"Trust me, kid," he muttered, playing with the keyboard before bringing his eyes back up to her. "The last thing I want to do is keep you here forever."

"Then let me out," she demanded through gritted teeth, but Tony just rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Maybe if you didn't try to steal government property," he chided her like a child.

Eva did not like to be treated like a child; her jaw set as she stepped up to the door of the cell.

"I didn't know it was government property," she told him.

Finally taking his eyes off of the electronic keypad in front of him, Tony gave her a fake sympathetic smile. "I wish I could believe that."

"You're an ass."

No one came after that. Well, no one to talk to her - guard walked by to make sure she was still in there but no one came to speak to her.

For three hours, there was complete silence.

And then;

"You're a thief."

Eva, from her reclined position, glanced over at the door; it was Loki.

Almost rolling her eyes, Eva let her eyes travel back to the ceiling of the cell. "I stole nothing from you," she told him defensively, but her tone had a tinge of exhaustion.

"You stole from Stark."

Now rolling her eyes, Eva turned to look at him, finally sitting up from her lying position.

From the middle of her cell, Eva explained, "I didn't know I was stealing from him." She paused for a moment, knowing that this was enough of an explanation for a man she didn't even know, but when she eyed him again, she elaborated, "And I wouldn't feel bad if I did know."

"He's a hero," Loki supplied with a leveled tone, his green eyes boring into the girl's hazel ones before she pulled away, looking down at her wrists, a smirk rising to her lips.

Loki was almost taken aback, but he did his best not to show it when her full smirk had settled, and his eyes lifted back to him.

"He's rich," Eva stated a-matter-of-factly, pivoting so she was facing the door and Loki, who was watching her intently but said nothing. Brushing her hair out of her face, Eva squinted her eyes in a demeaning way and went on, "Why should he get to have all this money and stuff, and I have none of it?"