⇝ demonstrations ⇜

BREATHLESSLY, EVA SPRINTED THROUGH THE HALLS OF THE ASGARDIAN CASTLE

She swerved and raced, narrowingly avoiding the distance figure of her grandmother, and narrowingly dodging all the people just trying to do their jobs.

She bounded, almost effortlessly, to the door of the library, throwing the door open as she exclaimed, "Loki."

The man didn't even glance up from his book as he mocked, "Eva."

Eva rolled her eyes, but ventured further into the library, allowing her fingertips to brush against the leather-bound books. She didn't have much time to waste, and Loki looked preoccupied, but whenever she entered this library, she got distracted.

Her mind raced back to the memory from her dreams the night before; she could almost see the young girl nestled in her mother's lap, listening to a story. She could practically see Loki at the window, smiling down at the two of them.

But then she blinked, and her neck itched, and it was all gone.

"Is something troubling you?" he asked, and Eva's eyes flickered down to him, but his own was glued to his book. "Or have you come to bother me?"

Crossing her arms over her chest, Eva noted, "You're being rude, Father."

Loki tensed for a moment, and Eva blinked in question, but then felt her body go rigid.

"I thought I should test that out," she excused after a moment, her tone nonchalant as she struggled to maintain control of the conversation. "Not sure I like it," she rushed out. "Anyways, I've come to tell you that -"

"That you wish to join Lady Sif," he guessed, seemingly over the moment before. "She's going to the villages to recruit."

Eva huffed. He always knew exactly what she was going to say. She wished all her memories would just come back so she could annoy him to an equal level.

No one on earth ever thought she was that predictable.

Except for Oliver. He always seemed to know what she was thinking.

Ew.

Oliver.

"Well then," Eva said, biting her tongue, suppressing her earthly memories. "I'll be going." She spun on her heels, heading towards the doors of the library.

"Thank you," Loki called out, and immediately, Eva turned back around, her eyebrows furrowed in question. He glanced up from his book as he supplied, "It was nice of you to try addressing me as Father. I did raise you, you know."