⇝ where the hope had gone ⇜

ONE THING FRIGGA FAILED TO TELL EVA WAS THAT THERE WAS AN ENTIRE CEREMONY BEFORE THE BALL

Yes, an entrance ceremony, which was, in fact, the most ridiculous thing Ever had ever heard that entire day.

Frigga said it was because the people wouldn't remember her; Eva said they'd figure it out by the dress she was wearing.

But Frigga refused to just give Eva the tiara and let the situation be; no, Eva would have to be presented to the people of Asgard, retitled, recrowned, and then she could go on with the dancing and the eating and the partying.

"This is silly," Eva huffed as she straightened out the layers of her dress for the millionth time.

Loki glanced down at her for a moment. "It is."

Eva looked up to him with hope in her eyes, but Loki immediately diffused, "But it is your grandmother's wish."

"What about my wish?" Eva scowled, tugging at the fabric again.

"You have a wish?" Loki quipped.

Eva nodded. "To not have to do this."

"A very fair wish," Loki agreed, his eyes training ahead to the door where they stood.

In just a moment, the wooden doors swung open, revealing the packed ballroom; the walls lined with people from the village, awaiting the entrance.

Eva ducked her head instinctively. "I really hate this, you know."

"I know," Loki sighed, nodding for her to begin walking.

Eva took a deep breath and straightened out, and took a step forward; she loves attention, really, just this made her feel like a fraud.

Odin was at the end of the walk, situated amongst the thrones with Frigga at one side and Thor at the other.

Loki was at Eva's side to make sure she didn't run off or cause trouble, but him being there made Eva want to do both more.

"You owe me," Eva muttered to Loki before pressing a smile on her lips and summoning a graceful air about her.

Loki looked at his daughter, mildly shocked, but walked at her side.

Eva couldn't tell if the village people liked her or hated her; they were silent during her entire entrance, and she couldn't sneak a look to either side without Frigga's watchful stare.

When they had gotten to Odin, he smiled down at the girl widely before standing up to address his people.

"We can all remember the tragedy that caused the fall of the Valkyrie, and Warrior Sigyn."

There was a hushed whisper that spread across the large room, and Eva swallowed hard. She glanced at Loki, whose head was bowed. She followed his motion.