"Are you waiting for your rats?" The prince questioned.

Penny rolled her eyes at his nickname for Jungkook and Jimin but replied, "Yes, I am." Her pupils went back to the book she read.

"You've been reading that book for a while. May I ask what it's called?" He politely asked.

She gazed upwards and closed the book, "It's called Mystery Girl. Have you read it?"

He nodded, "I have but it's not my type of thing to read."

"Then what is your type?"

"You."

She fell into that one. She wanted to giggle like a schoolgirl and playfully hit his chest. Instead, she blushed into a petal pink and smiled brightly to cover her nervous laughter.

"You have many lines, Peanut." She spoke as she pushed herself off the ground and dusted herself.

His eyes twitched to her nickname he hated. "There's more to come for you, Sweetheart."

Her eyes twitched to his nickname he hated. "Maybe I have to step up my game."

The two stared at each other. It wasn't an angry, intimidating, or even lustful stare. It was the type to just acknowledge and be acquainted. In a short span, they felt a pleasing connection, hoping to be kept that way...or maybe something more.

"Princess, step away from our fine ass Pennsylvania." Jungkook blared into the prince's ear with a megaphone, startling the rich boy and covered his ears.

"Jungkook..." Penny sighed as she pulled Taehyung by her side to protect him. "Where did you even get that?"

"Don't worry about it." The younger boy shushed.

"He stole it," Jimin replied.

Taehyung shook his head at those two.

Ahh, yes. He also asked around about them too, knowing that they're with her 24/7. It sounded about right. They were both poor and gross so he hated them.

"I thought we told you to not go by her." The playboy seethed through his teeth.

"Why would I listen to you?" Taehyung ridiculed him. "You're not special, you rat."

"Okay, stop. Don't make another scene again." Penny told the two. "Now come on, we have to go before the bus leaves."

"Please, I don't want the person to catch me with their megaphone," Jungkook begged as he put the stolen item under his baggy shirt.

"WHO STOLE MY MEGAPHONE?"

A voice erupted. It was the athletics director of the university.

"Shit, let's dip!" The potential future felon locked arms with Penny, dragging her backward while Jimin followed behind.

"I'll see you later, Peanut!" Penny waved back.

Taehyung grinned at her gesture and did the same thing. He watched as they went into the peasant transportation.

He was now alone in the middle of the grass. That's how he usually was when people weren't throwing themselves at him or when he wasn't talking to the girl.

He had no one here. He had no friends here. He hasn't found those three people his Halmeoni told him about, but he didn't care. In fact, he left it alone.

-

"Taehyung-ah, get your lazy ass off the couch!" Halmeoni smacked his butt as he laid shirtless with grey sweatpants on.