𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

Começar do início

"Only took us four months to get into Squad Levi, though." Connie smirked. "How's that for climbing the ranks."

"Mm yeah, and it's all cause you're a genius." Eren joked, shoveling down his food.

"Look at you now... all seasoned soldiers. And you earned your experience in a time crunch, what with the fall of Trost and everything." Marlowe said, his nosebleed now plugged up with a napkin. Something about his tone was unsatisfied as he averted his gaze. "Things move slow for rookies like me. They're not even putting us to use in the upcoming operation."

"Someone's eager to die..." I mused, and looked at Eren from the corner of my eye. "Gee, doesn't that sound familiar?"

He shot me a look and playfully elbowed me in the side.

Having finished my meal, I lay my head on Eren's shoulder as Jean delved into a discussion about how Marlowe shouldn't resent being put in the rear guard since the recruits' purpose isn't to be instant titan fodder, but instead to observe and learn the ropes. I listened along but not really, fiddling with Eren's rough hand, tracing his knuckles as I slipped away into the seclusion of my thoughts. I stressed over tomorrow's operation— big surprise. It's been on my and everyone's mind the past week, and understandably so. The mission itself is monumental, and that's not taking into account if we win. A victory would change everything. Life would go back to how it used to be 9 years ago, but not for long. One victory means the possibility of a hundred more. Until we can freely roam the earth outside the walls, our work is never done.

I can't wait for the day. But I also dread the possibility of it never happening.

Reiner and Bertholdt are sure to make an appearance during this mission. Based off their past agenda... they've probably done everything to prepare. And with the Survey Corp's history of always falling two steps behind... I don't want to say I'm cynical, but... I've seen so much reality over the years that it gets quite hard to dream sometimes.

Tomorrow when we mount our horses and head for the wall... I'll either lose everything or gain everything.

I must've dozed off because next thing I know I'm slowly pulled out of sweet lethargy by the sound of fighting. Opening my eyes, I saw I wasn't lying against Eren anymore, but instead flat on the bench.

"You think you're sooo cool, right? You piece of shit!" Jean spat.

"Hey that's a pretty shaggy mane of hair you're growing, horse face!" Eren retaliated.

The two young men were at each other's throats like old times, brawling and fisting each other's shirts. The crowd ate it up. People encouraged them to swing harder.

"You jerk!"

"You're going to rip my shirt!"

I propped my chin on my hand lazily and watched. Those are my boys...

Armin hunched over and ducked his head, "here comes trouble..."

A lackluster voice that could only belong to my father spoke up— "Hey..."

In the blink of an eye he delivered a kick to each of them so powerful they were knocked back a couple of feet. Eren groaned in agony meanwhile Jean looked like he was about to cry. I didn't investigate to see who, but one of them definitely hurled their dinner, an awful stench spreading through the room.

"That's enough celebrating." The Corporal said. He looked incredibly tired out of his uniform, swapping it out for slacks and a long-sleeve tonight. Not haunted-by-the-PTSD-of-a-mission type of tired (not at the moment, at least). But more so haggard. And under the warm light, as he turned to cast a glare at both men, I noticed just how aged he was.