Chapter 1 - A New Beginning

A light.

It was dim, but it was there.

What happened to me?

He was disoriented, he couldn't sense his body. Empty space gave him a cold welcome. A dark bottomless pit and the light were his only surroundings.
The fog within his mind dispersed, and he was able to asses the situation. He looked around, wondering if he was still in space. He remembered the space bridge.

The explosion

Was he about to become one with the Allspark?
He doubted he was; he wasn't ready to leave the fight. He had much that still needed to be accomplished, enemies to defeat.
He couldn't tell if he had lifted his hands; he couldn't feel a single circuit. He went to look down. However he didn't know if he did. His processor made the command, yet it seemed to hit a dead end.

He felt weightless, the out-of-the-body sensation disturbing him greatly. He heard faint unintelligible voices within the darkness. He strained to listen to what they were saying. They sounded familiar, but he couldn't put a finger on whom.

Am I really on the brink of death?

He cursed the light that seemed to tantalize him. It was warm as if it would promise to grant his every wish.
He couldn't be on the brink of mortality; he couldn't!
He forcefully turned away.

I will not bow...

"You will learn. . ."

He found himself floating towards the light. He immediately fought back against the invisible force. He slowly grew closer and closer; he continued to pull away and retaliate.
He will not give up after what he had been through. The mines, dark and cold. The gladiatorial pits, harsh and morbid. The political standings, oppressed and misleading. He had fought for so much, and it would all fall away if he gave up.

He just wanted a better future for Cybertron!

He wasn't getting any traction, nothing to hold onto. He roared in frustration. The light became brighter as he drifted closer.

It filled his vision.

"Farewell, Lord Megatron. . ."

"His heart rate has returned to normal."

"He's waking up. Hey kitty, wakey wakey."

The very first sense that came back to him was the smell of the sterilizing chemicals. It made him wrinkle his nose.

Wait. . . Nose?

Something felt off. He was drowsy like he woke from massive stasis. His eyes slowly opened, the brightness blinding him. Quickly readjusting, he looked around. His sight was blurry. He was on a table with some kind of cloth underneath him. There was a rhythmic beeping noise from boxy machines.

Where am I...?

There were shadows looming over him. He looked up seeing two blurry figures.

"Welcome back, little man. Thought we lost you for a second there." A male voice was heard.

An arm came over and patted his head and glided down his back. It felt nice, weird, but pleasant. It was only then he realized what the male said. He growled, making the figure back away.