Heyder took a step forward as the pressure on Fiza's throat tightened.

"Don't take advantage of the love I had for you," he said. "It's just enough to keep me from snapping your neck, but don't push your luck."

Fiza gasped for air as Heyder pinned her down for a few seconds longer to show her he wasn't playing around. When her pale skin changed a shade darker, he let go of her and raised a brow. Fiza glared at him as she rubbed her neck and took a step aside. She backed away before turning and marching off to her room. Heyder stood his ground and watched her until her door slammed shut.

______________________

Maya brushed her hair in the mirror as her eyes lingered on the single rose on her bed. She didn't know how long she stood staring at the thing in the mirror until she heard Layla come into the room and ask if she wanted breakfast.

"No, thank you," Maya sighed, sitting the brush down. She turned in the stool she had been sitting on and reached for her shoes.

"I'll get it," Layla jumped forward.

"No, it's alright," Maya tried to stop the lady but she had already moved the boots under Maya's feet. "Thank you."

"I'll make you a cup of tea," Layla said with a smile as she stood back up.

"You know I don't like tea,Layla," Maya said.

"It will help you feel better," the lady insisted. Maya wanted to protest but her belly rumbled and she placed her hand over it to calm her hunger.

"Okay," she said nodding. "I'll take some fruits too, please."

"Very well," Layla said as she busied herself with preparing Maya's breakfast. "Dr. Alden asked to see you."

"Right now?"

"No, but before she leaves the hospital today," Layla handed Maya a cup of tea.

"Thank you," Maya said.

"Would you like anything else?"

"No, thank you," Maya looped her finger through the tea cup's handle.

"Would you like for me to change around anything in the room to make you more comfortable?"

"Um, no," Maya looked around. "Everything is fine."

"Alright," Layla gave a nod as she turned to leave. Maya took a sip of her tea as the lady paused and turned back around. "Your grace,"

"Yes?" Maya smiled.

"I am so very happy for you," Layla beamed with pleasure.

"Thank you," Maya said, a bit unsure of what Layla was referring to.

"This is an important time," Layla continued. "I am happy you are with your family."

"Yeah..." Maya looked down at her hands. She felt odd knowing the whole place probably knew about her fey magic. Were they all thinking she might explode any second? Was that why Rye wanted her to stop by the hospital?

"Please let me know whenever you need anything at all,"

"Thank you, Layla," Maya smiled. "I really appreciate it."

Layla gave the princess one last long look before she wheeled the breakfast cart out and closed the door behind her. Maya sat her tea aside and cleared her throat. She rose to her feet and grabbed her watch before opening the door again and setting out to find the jinns.

Heyder? She opened her mind-link. Where are you?

In the study, my love, Heyder responded right away.