57

"Unnie, you still awake?" I dropped my phone to the side when a soft voice came from my right. It was already dimmed dark in our room. The concert ended an hour ago and I should be drifting off into dreamland by now. But it seems like I won't be getting a good shut eye any time soon. My body was aching all over but the high of everything just makes the idea of sleeping difficult.

"We'll be up and early tomorrow for day two. What are you even doing?" Ria asked me.

"Twitter." I answered her shortly. Its true. I've been scrolling through our feed for roughly an hour now, trying to get my eyes tired so that I can sleep but every flick of my finger on the screen makes it even harder for me to feel exhaustion. "And? What's with the face?" She prodded.

Ria got up into a sitting position and turned on the lamp. "I just don't understand.. We're on the number one spot again." I trailed. I showed her my phone, swiping it down for her to see thousands of tweets from people raving about how 'good' Yeonjun and I looked.

"Something happened between you two during rehearsals, I can feel it." Ria raised her brows at me. I bit my lower lip and got on the same sitting position as her. I wiggled my toes under the covers. The awkwardness atmosphere instantly making me fidget involuntarily.

"I thought you got used to by it now, unnie. Every week somehow the both of you make it to the top spots. And you don't even bother looking. Why the sudden change?" I bit my lips harder when Ria asked this. My heart rate increasing instantly in seconds. It's an innocent question, I know. She probably isn't even aware how her words affected me.

"I don't know... It's just that he's been treating me differently this time. Yeonjun... he's not that cold anymore." I answered. I'm not sure if she heard me because as I speak my voice just keeps on shaking.

"So... You're saying that he treats you like the way he did before when you were still dating?" I froze. My lack of immediate response making her hum in satisfaction. My cheeks instantly heating under her observant eyes. Ria cleared her throat playfully. I don't even need to look at her to know that she's already smiling from ear to ear.

"That's good! The only thing missing now is your female balls to actually make a move and win him back. Unnie, listen to me... Those balls are important. Find it." My face crumpled like paper when I hear her odd choice of wording. Were they the new slangs?

Like glass shattering, my nerves almost immediately subsided when I hear her advice. Where the heck did she get that from? Balls? Balls that are female? What balls?

"You know, you get weirder and weirder as you get older." A yawn finally breaks out of my mouth. Tears pooling in the sides of my eye.

"I'm sleepy... Could you turn off the lamp?" I delved back into the covers and found my most comfortable position. It didn't go unnoticed to me how she huffed, realising that I ignored her. I guess talking about personal matters make me sleepy. I'll take note of that.

————

"Have you gotten all your bags? Check them one more time. We can't afford losing something, girls." Kibum oppa called for us again to scan the stacks of our belongings at the back of the van.

We just arrived in London and everything looks breathtaking. Like literally, even the cabs look ten times nicer than the ones we have in Korea. Call me crazy but the air here feels a lot different than in America. Travel bloggers must really know what they were saying when they say that every country gives off uniquely different atmosphere just when you get out of the plane.

I think I'm in love with this country.

"You girls really did a good job posing for the cameras there. I'm so proud." Kibum oppa peered at us through the rear view mirror. I let out a snort when the scenes of us practically getting pushed by people at the arrival area from earlier flashing through my mind. "Yeah, sure oppa. Whatever you say." Ga eun deadpanned.

"Oh come on! It's not that bad! Look at the bright side. This time your smiles lasted longer." He desperately tried to cheer us up.

"Just hang on a little bit more. Seven more airports and we're done!" He continued. I rolled my eyes discretely. I turned my face to look outside the window to avoid offending anybody.

I really don't like how Kibum oppa popped up inside our hotel room informing that all of us will be wearing sponsored clothes. It was a last minute announcement, if I may add.

It's not all bad but having to wear sponsored clothing means that we'll be posing for at least five minutes in front of cameras at the airport. Just for evidences that we were wearing the clothes and for brand exposure. Picturing myself getting yelled at by the reporters to pose is making me want to throw myself out the window so bad. Plus, acting like their rude behaviour was fine just makes it a million times worse. I just want to smack all of their faces one by one.

"Okay, we've arrived. You know your room numbers already. We've talked about this. Stay with your partners the whole time, okay? No going out without my permission." All of us nodded our heads. None of us speaking because of wanting to get the heck out of the car immediately.

After day two of the concert, we flew at 3:00 in the morning. Us being the last one to depart. Our sunbae groups traveled before us. The plan was to be captured on camera at different times to have enough media coverage.

"We're roommates this time!" Eunbi unnie squealed when we entered our designated room. She engulfed me in a hug and swayed us back and forth. "I know! I'm excited too, unnie. But can we order food? I'm famished." I held my stomach dramatically. Eunbi unnie rolled her eyes but still walked over to the telephone. Yes!

Thank god I had her. I jumped on the bed and face planted myself on the mattress. Testing the pillows if they were soft enough.

I stayed in that position for god knows how long. My eyes closing in seconds when I got comfortable. Before I know it, I was sleeping.

I feel Eunbi unnie pulling at my sweater. She did it again, urging me to wake up. I groaned. It feels like I only rested for a minute. My eyes are red and irritated. "What is it?" I asked her.

"The food's here. Join me on the table." I lifted my hands up cutely at her. She sighed but still helped me up. "I swear, you are cuter behind cameras. You should do more aegyos on variety shows."

"Hell no." Unnie cackled when she saw my frown. I sat in front of her, eyes already eyeing the different food laid out on the table. "Oh god, the smell." I groaned out in pleasure.

The both of us were peacefully munching on our food when Eunbi unnie decide to break the silence. "The company is making moves already. I can't believe they are acting on it. Have you seen the articles?" She told me. The humor in her eyes no longer there. It was replaced by wariness. I stopped eating midway. My fork pausing in the air. "You've been sleeping so I assume you haven't."

"What do you mean?" I calmed myself down when the feeling of puking my meal out became so appealing. My stomach is wrenching because of anticipation to what seems to be another bad news. Eunbi unnie let out a heavy sigh.

"The company purposely made you and Yeonjun have the same necklace and shoes. The internet has been blowing up for about," Unnie looked at the clock then to me again. "Thirty minutes now."

"You're joking..." I put my utensils down, the act of swallowing the food becoming hard as I slump down on my seat.

"What the hell... The clothes, really?!"

————

This is a filler, ik but the bread's about to go down on the next lmao. 👀