49

"What flavour do you want?" He asked me.

It took us longer to get to the ice cream shop but we were here now, standing in front of the huge glass partition that displayed the creamy desserts. It really was a miracle that no one has recognised him up until now, considering how popular his group was but hey, I ain't complaining. We literally just walked a fifteen minute distance without anything to cover our faces.

"I can't. Oh god." I turned to him, my lower lip jutting out because of intense concentration. I can't choose. I was torn between cookies n cream and cookie dough. Ugh. Being an adult sucks.

"How bout this, I'll get CC and you get the cookie dough one." He bumped his hip playfully with mine. Damn. His baby face really contrasted with how deep his voice is. I admit, it was really adorable. It made him a little more attractive.

Before I could even ask how he knew, he continued on explaining, "Your face says it all. And no worries, I like that flavor." He made his voice a little dismissive to show that it wasn't really a big deal for him. He even waved off his hand to add more effect.

I didn't even notice him staring. Wow. It just shows how serious I get when it comes to food. I whined when I saw him already paying the girl behind the register the right amount of money. "Hey... You did it while I was distracted!" I pulled at his sleeves and handed him my share.

"Jiwon, I'll have you know, I'm stubborn. Why don't you just find us a table?" I rolled my eyes when he ignored my outstretched hand. I can feel the girl giving me odd stares but I still didn't move from my spot.

Felix must have grown impatient because before I could even comprehend what he was doing, he had already inserted the money in a charity box. I stared at him with wide eyes.

Well... At least it went to something helpful.

I sighed and just followed behind him. Luckily, the whole place had only three people in it. A lovely old couple in the corner plus the cashier. Felix had chosen the booth beside the glass window. I narrowed my eyes at him before taking the seat in front of him.

"So what brings you to my territory, Yongbok?" He cracked a smile when he heard my weak attempt of making fun of his name. He only shrugged.

"I just realise now that I didn't get the chance to get your number a couple of days back. So here I am." He leaned back and lifted his arms, emphasising the word 'here'. I broke into fits of laughter. He was so extra.

"Give me your phone then. Quick." I continued to tease him, opening my palms and setting them on the cold table. He pouted. "Yah, I thought we made it clear on that day that we were friends already." I shook my head, acting as if I didn't recall the memory. I remember it clearly, actually. We instantly clicked the moment he opened his mouth.

"Really? I assumed you only talked to me on set because you didn't want to socialise with Yeonjun." This time I meant what I said. I really assumed that he only approached me first because he didn't want to go near the other guy.

"Well yeah, that is true but what sold me was when you offered me your water bottle. We became best friends since then." I cackled so hard at his remark. My thoughts were skimming through the past week when we shot the CF.

———

"Take note, Jiwon. There will be other artists on the set. Bighit signed a collaboration with JYP entertainment so there will be four of you in total who will act." Kibum oppa was briefing me while I was getting my hair done. I nodded my head as I focused on every word he said.

My hands started to get sweaty. Five minutes from now and I'll officially meet them. It was obvious that I'll be the only rookie idol in the group so that made it even more terrifying. I'll be surrounded by senior artists.

"You ready? Let's go." Kibum oppa lead the way out of the tent. It was a new experience for me to work outside. It was so cool. The company that we will be endorsing was Vans Korea. They closed the whole street down just for the filming of the CF.

Kibum oppa already told me that we will be moving the whole duration of the filming so I really made myself ready for this day.

What made me fully on edge though was how our publicists informed me that I'll be partnered up with Yeonjun. How the project and being with him will be a win-win situation for both groups. On album sales and also for exposure. Somehow, other companies took notice of that and started offering brand deals to the both of us.

I did a few stretching and tightly tied my shoelaces. I was asked to wear a white tennis skirt and a striped pastel pink collared shirt for the first half of the scene. It was only 8:30 am in the morning but the sun was making it hard to move without sweating.

"There they are. Join the group and talk to them. It will help with your performance later." My manager nudged me forward. I stumbled a bit causing three pairs of eyes to land on me. I gulped.

"Hello, I'm Jiwon from G:NiE. Please take care of me." I hurriedly bowed my head. I was so tense, I could feel my lips quivering because of anxiousness.

The only girl in the group was the one who came up to me first followed by a taller boy beside him. "Hi! I'm Lia! And this is Felix." She warmly held my hand and pulled me closer to the snack table. Yeonjun ignored me which I already expected. It seems like I was the last one to arrive. They were already comfortable with each other. Lia and Yeonjun started talking, leaving me and the other guy to bask in the awkward situation.

I heard him clear his throat first before turning to me. "You're from G:NiE right? I love your songs." He started.

I instantly smiled. Hearing just the littlest compliments about our work made me happy. "Really? Well, thank you! I've been a fan of StayKids since I was a trainee." I told him.

The tension quickly melted and was replaced by a comfortable bubble of us just talking about basically anything under the sun.

——————

Hey hey!! I'm back! AND OH MY FREAKING GOSH I'M 19 NOW LUVIES CAN Y'ALL BELIEVE THAT?

I only have like a year remaining before I say goodbye to my teenage layf. :((