39

I feel like the world's making fun of me. Really. I'm speechless. Everything was perfect. Everything was going so well until I heard the news. It kept me up all night last night that I didn't sleep a wink. I probably looked too naive in the eyes of fate for it to pull this friggin' stunt.

I didn't have the energy to come to the company but here I am being the first one to arrive. I lost all my motivation the minute news that TXT's Japan promotions were cut short. Yes.

They were coming back today. They only had a week and a half left in their schedule. Why didn't they just stick to it.

I didn't know what time they were arriving but I'll make sure to lock myself in the studio if that's what it takes for me to avoid him. God, I can't even get myself to say his name now. No, I am not a coward. I just really didn't trust myself. I'll most probably vomit my guts out because of how bad my stomach was churning.

"Jiwon, I swear if you don't stop walking, I'll cut your legs." Ga eun stood up and forcefully shoved me in a seat. I have been pacing back and forth for God knows how long but my feet still felt itchy. I unconsciously started bouncing my leg on the floor. "I don't know if you're nervous that we'll be recording the songs now or because TXT is gonna arrive any minute." She sassily said as she placed her heavy legs on top of my lap and laid down. Before I could reply back, Eunbi already cut in on our conversation. "Oh shut up, Ga eun. Leave the poor girl alone."

"Why are you guys even talking. Kibum oppa specifically said not to." Ria innocently said. Ga eun rolled her eyes.

"Girls, stop it. We'll be heading out to the recording room by 10:00 am." Eunbi looked at her wrist while shaking her head. "We only have an hour left. Let's start our warm up. Kibum oppa's gonna come fetch us thirty minutes early."

"Unnie, I think I'll pee myself." Ria hooked her cold hands to mine. She was constantly shifting in her seat as we all waited for Kibum oppa. "We'll be here with you. You'll do fine." Ria froze beside me when the door finally opened, revealing our smiling manager.

"You girls ready?" Kibum oppa asked us brightly. He didn't wait for our response and lead us straight to another floor. He opened the door for us and urged us to walk in first.

This wasn't our first time recording but my breath still caught in my throat. This room was different from the one we recorded our cover at. The walls were coffee colored and there were figurines lined up in the shelf. This looked more personal than the one we've been in. "I forgot to tell you, girls but three of the producers will be present today." My eyes widened. Three?! Who?

Kibum oppa must have read our facial expressions because he continued, "Namjoon, Bang PD, and Adora."

"Oppa, you forgot to tell us this important detail?!" All of us became more nervous. I mean, three of them? All at once? We were doomed. I heard Bang PD is very meticulous with the songs. He is so strict that I heard the minimum time of recording one song was four hours. Four friggin' hours.

I already know Joonie oppa but he was basically a stranger. I don't have a single clue on how he acts when he becomes a producer. I just hope the other two are gonna be laid back or we'll be finishing this till the crack of dawn. Just the thought of it made my throat become dry. "I'm confident that you'll all do good! No need to worry." Our manager still had his bright smile. I grunted.

This time when the door opened, all of us turned to ice. Not a single one of us were breathing. We just watched as the three of them sat in their respective seats. They all turned their swivel chairs and faced us.

We hurriedly stood up and did a bow, greeting them a good morning. "G:NiE, hello." Bang PD greeted us back, his aura was light but still had an intimidating vibe to it. "Adora will only be helping in the title track. Another producer will arrive shortly." He turned towards me and gave me a knowing smile. Huh?

"So shall we start?" Joonie oppa joined in on the conversation. He picked up a thin stack of paper and handed it to me. "This will be the lyrics to the songs. Kindly distribute them, Jiwon." My cheeks heated. I didn't look at him and just passed on the copies.

"We'll go by order. First verse come on up." Adora said and all of them quietly put on their headphones. Crap. That was me. I took a deep breath and cracked my neck. I muttered a small fighting before stepping inside the sound-proof room. The speaker on the wall suddenly made static noises. "We'll start when you are ready." It was Bang PD's voice. I bounced on my feet a few times before wearing the headphones hanging near the microphone.

The tune of the song we've been practicing for about two months now played through my ears. Oh my god. It was happening.

I closed my eyes and began to sing my part.

Once I finished, I heard a few claps from the speaker. "That was great Jiwon! Let's try that again but this time, try to articulate your voice." Bang PD's voice became neutral so fast. It was terrifying. I lifted my thumb up for an okay sign.

I continued singing for about three more minutes until I heard their pass. I got out quickly and sat beside Eunbi unnie. She rubbed my back and handed me water.

"You did good."