Surprise

-Amber's POV-

It's been almost a year since I've seen my boyfriend James, and his band mates Kendall, Logan, and Carlos from Big Time Rush. My boyfriend James is amazing and handsome. He has brown hair, beautiful light green eyes, and his smile will light up your day with happiness. When we're together, he's always by my side making sure I'm safe and nothing happens to me. While they're on tour, they sometimes have to film music videos and photoshoots, but he refuses to film or do photoshoots with any girl. When there's a photoshoot or music video, they fly me out to the set to be his girl in the videos and photos. We've known each other for many years. But James and I weren't always a thing. Before James, I was with Logan for a few months. Everything was good between us, but our friendship was stronger than anything. We chose to break up to keep our friendship strong, Logan and I do not regret it. I am super close with the band that I consider them my brothers. When I'm not with them, I feel lost. That's why we talk everyday. The three ways we keep in touch are over call, text, and video chat. The best parts are whenever we video chat; I get to see them be themselves or just crazier than a typical day. Carlos ate from a bowl like a dog just to make me laugh. Kendall was always coloring and doing word puzzles that I mail to him every other week to keep him occupied. Logan would be reading a book or taking a nap and James would make me laugh by pushing Logan off the bed to wake him up.

There would be some occasions where the boys would video chat with me and all of us would chat for hours on end till the early morning. Almost every night, they would video chat with me so I could watch their concert. There would be some shows they would put me on the big screen so their fans could see me and would have me on for Q&As. A lot of fans would ask me questions like; "do you miss James?" or, "do you hope to come to one of the concerts to see him?"

The biggest question was from James.

"Amber, are you busy this weekend?"

I asked my mom by yelling across the house. She didn't hear me the several times I called out to her not hearing the music and vacuum going.

"James, I'll be right back. She can't hear me. Okay?"

James nodded.

"BE FAST! I ALREADY MISS YOU!"

I rolled off my bed to make sure I didn't show the shorts I was wearing. I ran downstairs to ask my mom. I ran back to my room and tried to close the door behind me.

"Hey James..."

I heard my mom yell up to me and asked what happened because she heard a thud. I ran up too fast and there was a corner of the carpet sticking up that I didn't see, I fell right on my knee. I crawled back to my bed struggling to get back up. I felt the pain from the fall right away and it was unbearable. I tried not to yell out in pain but it slipped out.

"Um.... Amber.... are you.... Okay?" Logan asked.

I responded with, "just peachy!"

All the boys gave me a weird look.

"What are you looking at? I tripped on the edge of the carpet and banged my knee really hard."

James' eyes went huge hearing me say that. That really freaked him out.

"You need to go see a doctor."

"Na. I'm all set. It might just be bruised. I'll be okay."

I looked down at my knee watching it slowly turn red. I felt an awful pulsing sensation in my knee and the pain became more and more unbearable every second. I grabbed the painkillers on my nightstand, took a few and hoped for the best.

"Still, I want you to go see a doctor. It would make me happy knowing you're okay."

"I'll think about it. On to the next subject. Guess who's back with the best answer ev...."