The Right Choice

Val left the room and came back in with balloons, flowers, and a huge teddy bear.

"What's all this?"

"Amber. I love you."

"What?"

"Will you marry me?"

"Val. I don't know what to say."

"Just say yes."

"I......."

-Amber's POV-

I looked at Val directly in his hazel brown eyes, not knowing what to do. I couldn't get up and walk away because I was hooked up to the monitors.

"Val. You know I love you a lot. But, I'm going through so much right now that I don't know what to say."

"Just say yes. I won't leave your side. I will always be there for you and I won't hurt you. I want to be with you for as long as life gives us. Please."

I looked at him wanting to say yes. But I don't want to break his heart because I have to say no.

"Val, I can't. I don't know why but I just can't."

I rolled onto the other side of the bed facing away from him. I saw him walking over to me.

"Why?"

I looked at him as he got down to look at me dead in the eyes.

"I still love James. He's in my mind all the time. I regret yelling at him. I regret throwing my ring at him. I need him in my life right now to feel complete. I feel like I can't do anything without him."

"Is this true?"

I turned around.

"James!?"

He walked over, I sat up to give him a hug.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. James you mean the world to me. I don't know what I would do without you in my life. I want to be with you forever and ever. Please forgive me."

He looked at me in the eyes. He leaned in and gave me a kiss. I knew he had forgotten everything and moved on.

"Amber, will you please wear the ring and marry me?"

Instead of pulling out the ring he originally gave me, he pulled out a box and opened it to show me a new ring. I wanted to start crying but all I could do is hug the life out of him. He took the ring out of the box and before he put it on my finger, I saw words engraved inside the ring.

"Read it."

"Nothing Even Matters."

"Whenever I sing this song on tour, I always tell myself when I'm with you, nothing else matters in this world because your the one I always want to be with."

After he told me the reason, I started crying. I hugged him again. He took my hand and slid the ring on my finger. We shared another kiss. I was so happy to be with him. I looked over at Val.

"Val. I really do like you. I mean it. But, it wouldn't have worked out between us. We are just so different. I still want to be friends with you and dance with you. There's no questions or doubts about that, please."

"Of course. I love you like your my sister. I will never stop being your friend."

I jumped into his arms and hugged him tight.

"I got to get going. We got a show tonight for the tour. I'll see you later."

Val walked out of the room looking back smiling. After Val left it was just me and James together. I laid back down on the bed and James laid right next to me snuggling up under the blankets.

"James, who is Emily?"

I looked up at him. He let out a sigh like he doesn't want to talk about it.

"She's my cousin. I haven't mentioned her because she walked out on all of us with no heads up about where she was going. She was at the studio to surprise me the day she picked up my phone when you called."

"Sorry I yelled at you and accused you of cheating on me. Please forgive me."

He kissed my forehead.

"I forgive you."

I put my head on his chest listening to his steady heartbeat and fell fast asleep.