The Big News

-James' POV-

It was three weeks after Amber was submitted to the hospital after overdosing. The doctors made it official that she was trying to use overdose to relieve her pain. I knew the doctors were hiding important information on why she overdosed. I knew the reason but didn't want to think of it. Never wanted to think of that but, that's the only reason she would do such a thing. In the corner of the room, her close friend Sharna was asleep. I looked back at Amber watching her sleeping peacefully. I took my finger and pushed her hair behind her ear to look at her beautiful face. She had an oxygen tube in her nose to assist her breathing. She started to open her eyes.

"Sharna, hey, she's waking up. Lower the lights a bit."

She didn't wake up. I looked back at Amber.

"James, the lights are too bright."

She covered her eyes, I threw a pillow at Sharna. I told her to go turn the lights down. She rolled out of the recliner and turned the lights down and ran over to the bed.

"Hey, it's okay. You can uncover your eyes now."

I took her hand and slowly moved it away from her eyes. She squinted her eyes open and adjusted to the dim light.

"Hey."

I looked deep into her eyes, she was in a lot of pain. I pulled her close and held her gently on my chest. I looked down at her and she started to cry. I pulled her face away from me and I kissed her forehead. All of a sudden, she rolled out of bed, yanked the oxygen tube out of her nose and ran to the bathroom. She collapsed onto the ground and crawled the rest of the way to the toilet. She leaned over and started throwing up. I couldn't look. Thankfully, Logan, Carlos, and Kendall walked into the room. Logan looked at me in shock. Sharan grabbed me and held me to calm me down

"James, where's Amber?"

I couldn't look at the bathroom, all I was able to do was to point to the bathroom. Logan ran over and got down to hold Amber's hair up out of her face. Amber fell to the ground and continued to cry. Logan lifted her up and held her close. She pushed out of his arms and threw up again. He held onto her as much as he could but she kept pushing him away. After a few minutes, the room grew silent. I turned around to see her over the toilet, I still couldn't go over to see her or else I would be her. All that matters was Logan was with her making sure she was okay. After a little bit, I saw her lay on the ground of the bathroom.

-Logan's POV-

Amber finished throwing up. She laid down on the ground weak and pale sweating.

"Carlos, cold wet towel."

Carlos reached over and grabbed a washcloth and soaked it in cold water and placed it on her forehead. We sat on the bathroom floor for a little bit.

"Logan, is it decent for me to come in there to see Amber?";

"I wouldn't James, you don't want to see anything."

"Okay, can you bring her out here?"

"I will in a second."

"Okay."

-James' POV-

After a few minutes, he walked out carried her over back to her bed. I grabbed her out of his arms and held her close.

"Logan, can you hand me that bucket? NOW!"

Carlos grabbed the bucket, handed it to Logan and over to Amber. She grabbed the bucket and threw up again. I placed her on the bed and Kendall took my spot, and I walked out into the hallway followed by Sharna. I started pacing back and forth, Sharna stepped right in front of me and hugged me.

"What if the medication finally had an effect on her? What if I lose her? I don't want to lose her."

"You won't lose her. She is a strong woman and she knows that you care about her more than anything in the world."

I looked at her and nodded.

"Can we..."

"JAMES!"

Sharna and I ran back into Amber's room.

"We need a doctor. She won't stop throwing up and she's starting to throw up blood."

Sharna and I ran out of her room and ran up and down the halls looking for a nurse for help. We were screaming at the top of our lungs looking for someone. We couldn't find anyone. I was losing hope that Amber wouldn't survive. I fell to my knees and yelled at the top of my lungs,

"Is there anyone that can help us!"

Finally, a doctor came out of a room and told me he would help. We ran back to Amber's room as quick as we could. When we walked into the room, I looked at Amber pale as a ghost. There was a small bucket on the ground that was half filled with blood. A nurse walked in and took it away. The doctor took a look at Amber to see what the hell was wrong with her. When the doctor went to go feel her stomach, she screamed in agonizing pain a curled up into a ball. The doctor looked over at his assistant.

"Can you go get me an ultrasound machine. ASAP."

The nurse ran out of the room and came back with the machine. She plugged in the machine and started it up. The doctor leaned into Amber.

"Amber, I need you to lie on your back."

"No. My stomach hurts."

"I need to do an ultrasound. It's not going to hurt."

"NO!"

I walked over to Amber and pulled her up onto my lap and held her close to me telling her it's going to be okay. The doctor had the stick in his hand ready to go, but Amber kept refusing.

"Amber, who do you want to do it?"

"What?"

"Who do you want to do the ultrasound if you don't want me to do it?"

Amber looked at everyone in the room, until she said,

"Logan."

The doctor handed the stick over to Logan. Logan gently put his hand on her stomach to let her know it was going to be okay and that she can trust him. The doctor told Logan where to put the stick first. As he was moving the stick around, the doctor yelled out,

"Stop. Right there."

The doctors took a closer look at the screen and said.

"Congratulations Amber!"

Amber looked at the doctor confused.

"What are talking about."

"You're pregnant."