He Did What?!

-Amber's POV-

I got my phone out and dialed his number. It only rang once,

until...

"Hello?"

It was not James on the other line.

"Hi. Is James there?"

"He's in the other room. May I ask who is calling?"

"This is Amber, his fiance. Can I talk to him please?"

"He's really busy."

"Who are you?"

"This is Emily."

"Can you have him call me when he's available?"

"Of course."

"Thanks."

"Bye."

I dropped my phone in the sand and felt myself crumble, my heart cracked. I got up and ran away from everyone. I ran for what felt like forever. I kept running until I fell. When I fell, I broke into tears. Did James cheat on me with this Emily girl? I was devastated. I never expected James to do this to me. When I was laying in the sand, I heard Val calling my name.

-Val's POV-

I got up from the blanket and ran after Amber. I felt so bad for her. I didn't want to see her cry. We were enjoying our time at the beach together. I ran chasing her to comfort her. When I finally found her, she was curled up in the sand crying her heart out. I ran over to her and pulled her onto my lap. When she looked at me, her face was red.

"Shhh. It's okay."

I pulled her in and held her close.

"Why would he do this to me? My life is ruined."

"No it's not. Your life is meaningful. You have me, Witney, Linsey, all of us."

"But what about James?"

"He doesn't care anymore."

I wiped her tears away. She looked at me and nodded. I got up off the sand picking her up and walked back to where everyone was. When we got back, I sat on the blanket and she sat on my lap. She laid her head on my shoulder. I  pulled a blanket up on top of her and wrapped my arms around her. We sat there around the fire with everyone. Sasha came up to us and bent down and looked at Amber.

"Would a s'mores cheer you up?"

Not saying a word, Amber slightly nodded her heads yes.

"Hang on!"

Sharna got up and ran to the car. When she returned, she was holding a basket. She handed the basket to Amber. When Amber opened it, her face lit up. She pulled out a bag of marshmallows, a box of gram crackers, and bars of chocolate. She was so excited.

"There's the smile."

"Yea."

She looked down and it washed away. I started to tickle her. I heard her laugh and saw her smiled. That's something I really like about her. Her smile is beautiful. I love it when she wears her hair down. She's so beautiful. Wait.... I'm in love with Amber? This can't be happening.

"Val."

"Yes Amber?"

"Thanks."

"Thanks for what?"

"Thanks for everything. You help me forget the past and think about right now. That's something I like about you."

"That's what I like about you too. Your sweet, kind, honest, and caring."

She looked down. Her hair got in her face. I took my finger and collected her hair back behind her ear. She looked at me with her bright blue eyes and our eyes locked. It felt like the most magical moment. I can't be in love with her. But I am. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her on the cheek. She looked at me and kissed me on the cheek. We looked at each other in the eyes. We leaned in and kissed. I didn't know what was going on. I AM IN LOVE WITH HER AND I JUST KISSED HER AND SHE JUST KISSED ME. This can't be happening.

-Amber's POV-

I can't believe it. Val just kissed me. Or did I kiss him? I can't believe that just happened. I leaned in and whispered to him,

"Let's go for a walk."

"Okay."

He got up and offered me his had, I accepted. Everyone was sitting around the fire making s'mores. I was wearing my swimsuit coverup, I should of packed a sweater. I was shivering like crazy. Val looked over at me, he took off his jacket.

"Val. It's fine. I'm okay."

It was too late. He already took his jacket off and helped me put it on. He turned me towards him and zipped me up. I looked up to the sky to see all the stars shining down.

"It's so beautiful tonight. Look at the moon. It's gorgeous."

"Yes it is. Just like you."

"Val. I'm engaged. I can't date someone behind James' back. That would just be wrong."

"James is cheating."

"True."

"How about this. Let's give him something to cry about."

"What would that be?"

"Go out with me and 'cheat' on him."

"Great idea."

-Whitney's POV-

After Amber and Val got up for a walk, Amber's phone started to ring. I picked it up. It was James.

"Hello."

"Hey Amber it's James. So sorry about that I was busy with the boys recording a song."

"This is not Amber. It's Witney. Look, thanks to you being busy. A girl named Emily picked up the phone. That really broke her heart."

"WHAT! I told her not to answer any calls. Look can you tell Amber I would like to talk to her."

I looked at everyone with a look of a plan.

"Sorry. She can't talk right now. She on a walk with Val. They're really enjoying their time together. Such a shame she's not with him."

"Have her call me right away."

The line went dead. The plan worked. His heart is broken. Amber and Val came back. Amber was wearing his coat. Something must of gone down between them. They're hugging and smiling. If James was here, it would be so different. It was around 5 in the morning. We stayed at the beach the whole night, it was so worth it. Val pointed to the ocean where far in the distance, the most gorgeous sun rise ever. I looked over at Val and Amber. They shared a kiss. As we were enjoying our peace and quiet, we heard a truck rushing towards the beach. We looked up to see it was James.

He took one look at Amber and Val, it was going to be bad.