"Fine," he huffed with a roll of his eyes. "But I'm coming with you to talk to her."

"You're so irritating, you know that?" I groaned, sluggishly moving to my feet.

Nero pouted, his already large innocent eyes widening further.

"You're so mean to me. I sometimes wonder why I bother being your friend at all."

"Sorry," I sighed.

"I'm just joking, I know you're just a naturally grumpy, terrible person." He patted my head patronisingly. I scowled at him and he grinned right back at me. "Come on, let's go find her before Lorcan's training ends and her training begins."

We found Sandra in her bedroom, a surprisingly large room on the first floor. I hadn't been in here before and it took me a moment to take in all of the décor and belongings. As an exceptionally old wolf it was no surprise that she had amassed quite the collection of things over the years.

Her large, floor length mirror was propped against a wall, a thin dressing gown draped over the top. Large frames of posters and artwork decorated nearly every inch of available wall. There was a very over the top lampshade on a small table, complete with ribbons and tassels, and some ornate candle sticks, half melted. Dozens more knick-knacks filled the room, and I couldn't hide my shock. This had not at all been what I had expected.

It seemed this was the first time Nero had been in here too, as he slowly perused the room, picking up various items to examine them. Sandra stood by the foot of her bed, shot him a glance over her shoulder but continued with what she was doing before we arrived.

"We're not interrupting anything are we?" I was suddenly far too nervous, unsure how to even broach the subject of Thane and I.

She shot me an amused glance, chuckling as she assured, "I'm just sorting through my clean laundry."

She was folding a t-shirt in her hands, a pile of clothes still to be sorted on her bed. Instantly I noticed a rather seductive, bright red lingerie set – with far more lace and straps than I'd ever seen before. Had she worn this for Thane when they were still sleeping together?

The sudden intrusive thought had my stomach dropping. Jealousy was not a feeling I was well acquainted with, and I sure as hell didn't want to continue down this toxic path. Whatever had happened between Sandra and Thane had nothing to do with me. I certainly hadn't cared before anything had happened between me and the Alpha Male. There was no need to start being insecure.

"What's up?" Sandra's voice broke me out of my depressive musings.

"I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Does it have anything to do with why I can smell Harris all over you?" She smirked and wiggled her eyebrows in a suggestive way. "Did we do something naughty in the patrol cabin, Emily?"

"Oh, she sure did," Nero snickered, finally bringing his attention back to us. "Come on, stop depriving us of the juicy details. I need to know. Tell us everything."

"You're okay with this? It doesn't bother you?" I asked meekly, ignoring Nero entirely.

"Emily, I saw this coming since the day Harris ended things with me," Sandra laughed. "I'm happy for you."

"Brilliant!" Nero clapped his hands together, interjecting once again, his grin far too wide. "Now that we've sorted that out, give us the goss'. You were holed up in that cabin for two full days."

"I don't know what to say." I shrugged shyly, a blush bright on my cheeks. "We kissed."

Nero groaned, seeming exasperated as he drawled, "Yes, that much is obvious. How did it happen? Who initiated it? Did you have sex?"