Magpie (Prinxiety)

Hello. Random A/N because.... why not? This is a superhero/supervillian AU so that's why these people have wings and stuff. If I say anything offensive to Engish people at all, I'm English so I'm basically just dissing myself. Also, this is the last idea I have at all. My idea box and back-up idea box are empty so I would really appreciate some requests. Please?

Magpie's POV (I'm keeping you in the dark, ha ha)

I landed precariously on the window-sill, nearly losing my balance. Well, landing had never been my strong suit. Especially not when the British don't know how to build window-sills properly. Yes, I am in Britain and yes, I'm going to try and steal the crown jewels. I'm not really feeling very original today and I was in London so I just though "Why not?"

I scanned the dark, empty room below and nearly skipped over the jewels themselves but my eyesight never fails me when it comes to pretty things. And there they were, sparkling slightly in the pale moonlight and their case catching the light of the lasers protecting them. I laughed quietly. Lasers. Security never learns does it? If you want to catch the Magpie, you've got to try a lot harder than lasers.

I quickly shook some feeling back into my wings and started tapping at the glass with one gloved hand. There had to be a weak point somewhere... aha! There. Getting a small knife out of a pocket in my costume, I slid it carefully between the glass and the frame and started to leaver it up. We mustn't break the glass. Oh no, we really mustn't. That would cause a noise and noise causes alarm and alarm causes guards and guards cause prison. And I do not want to be stuck in a dingy prison for the rest of my life. I know for sure that my brother would never fly all the way to London from Florida just to bail me out.

Shaking my head, I return my attention to what I'm doing. Nearly got it.... done, yes! I slip the small knife back into my pocket and pull the glass up, being careful not to break it. Quickly, I slip inside and, hovering above the first laser, I slide the glass back into its original place. Seamless. No one will ever know. Or should ever know. Still hovering, I catch a glimpse of movement in the shadows. Most people would second-guess themselves and say that it was just there imagination but my eyes never lie.

I laugh slightly, landing softly next to the laser, trying to see who's lurking in the shadows.

"I'd very much like to know who's company I'm intruding upon." I say, tilting my head slightly to see the other person and smiling.

"I'm the person who's going to kick your ass." The person says, not moving from the shadows.

"Oh, so is that your name?" I ask, hovering over a few more lasers and landing next to the crown jewels. The British really need to work on their security systems.

"You aren't funny, you know." They say and I can practically hear the eye-roll in their voice. "But I'm Storm. He/Him pronouns. I would shake your hand but I don't exactly like touching rubbish."

I laugh disbelievingly. This guy's got guts. "So I'm trash now?" I ask.

"Well... no." Finally, he comes into the light, only to squint at me and then retreat back into the shadows. "You're Magpie, aren't you?"

"Wow, the English actually know something." I say, intending to annoy him so he'll come back into the light. He's actually quite pretty.... for a guy that's not me, anyway. Suddenly, something happens that I never thought would.

The lasers shut off.

Storm's POV

What the Hell am I doing?! I've just shut off the lasers that are protecting the crown jewels, the very thing that Magpie intends to steal. Why in God's name am I doing this?! It can't just be because he's easy on the eyes. I'm not that fickle, right? I get a buzz on my watch. Good Lord, not now Remy. No, I have not defeated Magpie. I only got here a few minutes ago.