10

1 week later

CHANEL

Things had been too quiet between Cairo and I. Ash had told me about their little conversation but he really never addressed me directky which was weird in my opinion. He hadn't texted or called me since neither had he tried to check in with Gi which was beginning to piss me off. But it was already because despite everything we were good with or without him and that's how it'd always be.

"You bout ready we just goin' to the fair..." Ice said coming to the door. Gi was hanging off his leg already dressed and smiling huge.

Ice had come over the day after everything was a mess because I'd forgotten to reply to him and so I infroduced him to Gi and they sort of just clicked from day one. Gi asked about him too sometimes but he didn't even have to ask because Ice had been here every other day since then.

"Gi get up before you start wrinkling your clothes and I'm almost ready I just been struggling with my hair it won't stay back" My arms were already tired from continously brushing and holding my hair up.

"You look beautiful as is c'mon they gone be shuttin' people out by the time we get there" He said picking Gi up and throwing him across his shoulder. Gi laughed and screamed but it was honestly like my favorite song.

I felt relaxed knowing Ice was a good guy despite what he may be doing in the streets. I loved the fact that Gi had already began liking him and opening up and I also loved that Ice didn't push the street mentality onto him. It's like kids and animals be the first sign to whether you should have a person stick around or not because they usually just knew. I could honestly say I could see myself with him if he stayed the same and didn't switch up in the time coming.

"Okay I'm done" I told him getting up and grabbing my purse. He stopped me in the hallway kissing my cheek before letting me go past. It took every muscle, muscle fiber, cell, tissue, and bone in my body not to hop up on this man everytime I saw him. God himself had been giving me the strength I needed to just hold back and wait because the sex appeal was real every time.

"Ew is y'all kissin'" I heard Gi ask him from behind me. I decided to let him handle the comeback on that.

"When you get you a lil' girlfriend you'll see" Ice told him trying to be quiet about it.

I locked up the house and we went on our way. I was honestly praying for a good night because we really hadn't been out together with the three of us and now that a few people knew who I was I felt a bit different. People knew I was connected to Cairo so of course they'd be watching me, but let Ice tell it nobody knows him like that. If anything I believed nobody knew Cairo in his hood or they'd heard small things but nothing big enough to start the rivalry that Cairo was probably hoping for.

Ice drove to the fair quickly and paid for all of us to get in just as I was trying to get my purse out. He guided me in with one hand while holding Gi with the other.

"Aight before we start I think its fair we eat first fair food be the best food, especially them elephant ears c'mon" he said grabbing my hand and pulling me before I even got to say anything. He was like a big ass kid waiting in line while talking to Gi. I swear I loved it though, Gi was asking what an elephant ear was and how they take it off the elephant but Ice had exaplained what it really was. The way Gi's face lit up made me happy as hell, he was genuinely interested.

After Ice got his food we sat on one of the picnic tables sharing and eating everything. Gi sat on his lap picking over the food to find what he liked most, powdered sugar was all over his face.

"Wipe ya face lil bruh" Ice said handing him a napkin before taking another bite of his food.

"You know you don't gotta carry him the whole time if he get too heavy you can put him down..." I told him grabbing the slushy and drinking out of it.

"I'm good babygirl" he said smirking at me but I avoided eye contact, like I'd said the sex appeal was through the roof and he wasn't about to get me caught up.

"What we gettin' on first Gi told me he like cars they got the bumper cars but I don't want him flying out of that shit"

"He'll be fine I'm sure he'll wanna stick with you anyway and I know you can handle keeping him down" I say smiling to myself.

"You know what else I can ha-"

"Aht aht hurry up and finish up, I hope you can keep all that you ate down cause I wanna get on those spinning things where you spin the table" I tell him gathering my trash and getting up.

I felt like I was being watched but when I looked around there was nobody there. Maybe I was just being paranoid.

Ice finished up and threw his stuff away following behind me as we walked to the bumper cars. This should be fun.

CAIRO

Fairs were never really my thing, I got lost in them mirror houses and ain't been in a rush to get back but Kristo and Jah insisted on being here and I could use the time out to find some new hoes. It seemed like thats all that was around nowadays.

"Aye bruh ain't that ole dude" Jah said pointing over at Ice, who was of course with Chanel. I felt my blood boiling, she was still fucking with him and now he was holding Gianni! That shit wasn't gone fly with me.

"That is that nigga, whose the bitch though...she bad as hell" Kristo said looking up from his phone. I guess it was no secret that Chanel was connected to me so it was no use in trying to hide that shit.

"Thats my babymama and don't call her that shit again nigga" I said leaning on the rail watching them. She was smiling and laughing at that clown ass nigga, but I guess it suit him.

"Damn a nigga like you pulled her?? She look like she got her shit together how you shoot her club up then leave her? We'd have 3 babies one for each year!" Jah said rubbing his hands together.

"She fine as hell but she ain't shit to be trying to take serious" I told them not taking my eyes off her. Knowing damn well that was a lie, Chanel was the first girl I'd ever risked my whole career for, the first one I risked my life for and that all ain't seem to matter once we started hittin' all the rough patches.

"Damn I hate when the pretty ones be the worst ones, Imma get me an ugly bitch she'll be grateful a nigga like me chose her" Kristo said trying to pop his collar.

I watched as Ice put his hand around her waist and leaned in close to her. That smile was what the fuck I'd been trying to get out of her and now all of a sudden he come around doing that shit? He had to die.

"Kristo keep an eye on them I be back" I told him pulling my light out my pocket and walking off, Jah already knew and went to follow me.

Question: Do y'all think Ice is genuine or did he lie about not knowing who Cairo was? Explain your logic! I wanna hear it!

Thanks for reading!❤️