2

CAIRO

"Cairo"

"Can you drop Gianni off at my club, Imma run over 12 they doin' some work up here and I know you really want me to get him this week.."

"Whatever, you really pissing me off with these sudden changes we made this plan solely based off your schedule" she started snapping on me already.

"Yea see you then" I told her hanging up and sliding my phone on the table. It was no point in arguing over shit I couldn't control. Gianni wasn't missing shit if he ain't see me for a week or two and I always made sure to call the lil nigga if I had to miss getting him.

" You know the streets talkin' bout what you did to vasquez last week right? Some of his homies talkin' bout poppin' up over here tonight what you wanna do?" Jah said coming in and plopping down on the couch. I met this nigga a little after I'd moved down here. He was from Compton but moved down to Miami to "get away from violence" but the nigga found himself back in it as a way to make fast money. He heard I was rising up and decided to give this life another try before trying to go after something regular and it wound up sticking with him.

"You or Kristo can handle it Imma have my son and his mama be trippin' on me daily" I told him shifting through some paperwork. It was true though, Chanel was on my ass more than she was when we were together. I wasn't a bad parent but Gianni deserved to know what the real world was like, he needed to make his decisions on what he wanted to do now before it became too late to learn. He was three years old but the lil nigga was smart as fuck, and when it came to being around me he knew a lil somethin' bout how shit worked around here.

"Kristo still whipped by that Ashely ho, he ain't worried bout vasquez people he gone be real hurt when-"

"When what?" Kristo interrupted coming up and sitting on the other couch. Nigga looked high as fuck as usual. Now I know what y'all probably thinking, another Ant and Shano situation but that wouldn't happen again. These niggas didn't know Chanel's name or where she lived, where I lived, or much about where I was from. They ain't even know my last name, shit was locked down over here now. They'd met Gianni a few times but they were never alone with him and he wasn't ever around them long enough for anything to happen.

I did business solely from Kosmíc, no other hideouts or traps but here. Ocassionally we'd meet by the docks but that was only when shit seemed sketchy and nobody could hear gunshots out there.

"Everybody been fuckin' round with that ho bro, ask Cairo! She only with you cause she get in free here every night!" Jah said, making Kristo shake his head. He wasn't lying though, I'd fucked her a few times too until she got too needy and annoying and I'm sure Jah had his fair share with her as well.

"Nah bruh she told me she loved me the other night I found the one" Kristo said in denial, he pulled out his phone checking it, it was probably her on his ass about what time she should come tonight. I should've banned her when I was through with her ass.

"Aye Kristo I need you to focus tonight we supposed to be having some visitors or some shit from Vasquez people guess they found him hangin'" I told him focusing back on my papers, this shit was draining being here. Which is why I'd wanted Chanel to help run this shit but nah she wanted to leave my ass. She'd probably told Asha that I left her instead of telling the truth, I was done trying to show her I loved her she ain't never appreciate shit I tried to do and I always felt like I should've stayed and did my time. Maybe I'd be back in LA still ontop of everything.

Here I wasn't at the top I was close but I still had so much more to do before I rose up to the top. I sent my message to the niggas who called themselves "just starting out" and sent a warning to whoever thought they ran shit. I found out the dude that was our neighbor was the one who was running alot of shit but when he was gone everything started falling apart. Which was why I moved so fast to start securing everything, and through that alot of the niggas came to me and respected me. Everybody that had tried something on their "leaders" had disappeared or died trying but not me. I will admit though it was another nigga by the name of Ice who had the city on lock but once I got to him shit would be different and this time once I got my spot on top nobody would be able to take it from me.

"So you not coming out tonight at all?" Jah said turning his attention back to me.

"Nah Gianni be snitching if I bring him here and I don't wanna hear babymama mouth, she tried to fight me over this shit I'm done" I told him thinking back to that time. Chanel had been scrolling through insta and saw a picture of Gianni standing on one of the tables posing and attempting to throw a set up and she went the fuck off. She pulled up on me with a bat and after that night I vowed that shit wasn't worth it. What made it worse is some other ho had posted Gianni, it hadn't even been me cause I wouldn't have posted that shit.

"Well, we'll keep you updated then, wouldn't want you geting yo ass kicked by babymama" he said holding back a laugh before getting up. Kristo got up nodding towards me before walking out after Jah, hopefully shit went as planned tonight.