7

CHANEL

We left the boat around 3 and headed downtown to some of the shops. I'd wanted to end things then but he insisted on me coming with him to pick out some jewelry or something. It was strange being out in public with a man again and from the looks we'd occasionally get I was starting to think he wasn't just any man. I got those looks on the rare occasions that I'd go out with Cairo, like people were watching and didn't wanna make it obvious and sometimes there were looks of envy or shock...just like now.

"Ay! Ice it's so nice to seeee you! Finally shopping for a ring eh" The guy at the counter yelled out as soon as we came in. He smirked at me before looking back at Ice.

"Nah nah we just lookin' right now if she see anything she like let her try it out" Ice said walking me over to the counter.

"Imma run in the back right quick it won't take long" he told me going around the counter and disappearing through a door, maybe he owned the place? Who knows but it was clear they were on a closer friendship then that of a regular customer and an owner.

"See anything you like mami? Pick anything" the guy said leaning on the counter.

I wasn't about to let nobody, especially on a first date, spend thousands on me. The brunch cruise probably was already up there and I didn't want to seem like a gold digger,I really ain't want Ice to think he'd get anything in return from me after buying all of this either.

"Nah I'm good just waiting on him.." I said scooting over some and leaning against the wall. I couldn't lie everything was nice as hell here but jewelry wasn't something I just had to have.

"Just between me and you..Damian is a good guy, he might do bad things...but he'll treat you right I knew his father I know his mother and I watched him grow up and he was raised right he's definitely not your typical street hardcore playa playa thugged out hustler" he'd lowered his voice as if Ice was right there and could hear him.

I stared at him for moment before looking away because only a few words out of that whole comment was what I was focused on. The number one thing was that he gave me the answer to exactly What Ice did for a living. I guess I should've known in that club but drunk me and sober me were two different people. Drunk me allowed my feelings for Cairo to come back and put me in deeper shit, and honestly drunk me was what even put me here in the first place if I remembered correctly.

Now it seemed like history would repeat itself in a different way and god forbid I had to go down the same road, maybe it'd be worse this time around. Maybe Ice would put his hands on me and I'd have to kill another nigga. Then I'd be faced with the fact that Gi would have to be in Cairo's custody for most of his life because by the time I'd get out he'd be grown. Maybe it would be best that I just ended things right here before I got too caught up and risked not only my life but everybody around me as well.

"Chanel?"

I was so caught up in my own thoughts I hadn't even realized Ice was standing there in my face calling me. I jumped staring back at him before looking around the place, it seemed like I'd forgotten where I was too!

"You alright you were shakin' or somethin'" he said placing his hand on my arm.

"Yea I'm just cold" I told him moving off the wall, I was ready to go at this point.

"You ain't see nothin' you liked? I thought this bracelet would fit you" he said pointing out one of the most expensive ones in the case. I couldn't lie, it was gorgeous but I wasn't accepting nothing right now as I'd said before.

"Nah maybe another time" I shrugged looking towards the door. He caught the hint and cut things short there before leading me out.

We walked further down before stopping for some icecream at one of the stands. I wanted to ask about what the guy ment by the bad things he did but I decided against it. I didn't have my gun on me and I wanted to at least make it home without having to worry about being kidnapped.

"You sure you okay? You just seem different all of a sudden..." he asked again for the third time, and for the third time I gave him the same answer.

"I'm fine just a bit tired"

"I mean we can pick this up la-"

"Chanel!" I heard a familiar voice call out from behind me. I looked around before turning around completely to see the last person I wanted to see right now.

"You know that nigga" Ice said sounding real curious now. I'm hoping he don't think I'm trying to set him up but then again who knows what he knew about Cairo.

"Chanel! What the fuck?!" Cairo said walking up on us and sizing the fuck out of Ice.

"Why you can't keep walking Cairo I'm living my own life just fine" I said rolling my eyes and keeping my stance infront of Ice.

"Nah what the fuck do you know who this nigga is??" He started raising his voice and I can tell you now that wasn't something I was in the mood for.

"Do YOU know where the fuck my child is? Where the fuck is Gianni?? You so worried about who I'm with like its any of your fuckin' business I promise you if he not at the house with Asha these white people bout to catch a free show" I said raising my voice back.

"You focused on the WRONG shit right now Chanel he safe-"

"My nigga why don't you just leave? She don't wanna be around you clearly so just go before you make a fool out of yo' self" Ice interrupted us both, another thing that obviously wouldn't have a good outcome of course. He had a whole different tone this time though, it wasn't smooth or soft like before, instead it was hard and demanding like he was a whole new person.

"Nigga this ain't got shit to do with you the fuck you doing with my babymama huh? You tryna set her up to get to me or what?!" Cairo yelled causing everybody to look at us forreal now. This shit was so embarrassing!

"Nobody even knows you bruh!" Ice barked back at him and for some reason I felt myself clinging to his arm. He hadn't moved but I knew I wouldn't be able to break it up if they decided to start fighting, apart of me felt wrong but Cairo has no business when he can't even answer where my kid is.

"Ice lets just go please" I told him, but he probably couldn't hear me at this point. He was warming up and his whole demeanor was changing right infront me.

"And you really gone take this nigga side? We got a whole baby together and you acting like you don't give a fuck if his life in danger" Cairo said gesturing towards me shaking his head.

I don't know what came over me but something compelled me to punch that man in the face. He stood there shocked and it was like everything just froze.

"Don't you ever tell me I don't care about my child when you won't even spend time with him and keep him safe" I yelled back at him over tge police sirens that were now getting closer. Ice picked me up carrying me away and back to the car. I felt my hands shaking and tears falling as soon as I hit the seat.

A whirl of emotions had just taken over me.