Chapter 22

Elisa walked away from everybody and locked herself into her baby's future room. She sat on the floor and thought all about her current state.

She was pregnant with her buyer's child, who by the way didn't even know who she really was. If he knew who she was, he would hand her to some weird Hispanic dude, named Jesùs. All she really knew about Ivan were superficial stuff and she hasn't seen her family in months.

There was a soft knock on the door and Ivan entered. He sat beside her, placing his arm around her. She put her head on his shoulder, taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I know she's your friend."

Elisa said looking at the ceiling.

"Firstly Vik, I know you're not really sorry but I don't care. You gave her what she deserved, but I've known her since we were children and I don't want her to die, yet."

He said and chuckled.

"You and our baby are more important."

He said, placing a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"Ivan?"

"Yes, love?"

"Can you tell me about your sister?"

She asked and she heard him take a deep breath. Ivan wanted to tell her but it was still difficult for him to talk about.

"Well my sister's name is Tatiana, but you probably knew that since you snooped around in my office when you first got here."

He said in a joking tone and Elisa's eyes widened.

"How did you even know?"

Elisa asked, recalling that she wasn't caught.

"You really think I would leave my office unlocked and have no security whatsoever? I have cameras, love."

He said and Elisa now embarrassed snuggled her head in his neck.

"Back to the story. Tatiana is my sister, she is absolutely beautiful, kind and polite with everyone. She loves to help people. One day she was helping my mom in her bakery, a strange man came in and as soon as my mom took her eyes off my sister for a while, he placed a cloth on her face and took her. We looked through every single camera but his face was nowhere to be seen. When I started a new job per say, I found out that she was sold at an auction, that's why I go to every single auction to see if she's there. That's how I came across you that day, I was there to look for my sister."

He said and Elisa saw a small tear rolling down his cheek. It was evident that he missed his sister. Elisa would surrender to that other man immediately for Ivan's sister if she weren't pregnant.

"Now Jesùs tells me he found her. All I have to do is get him the infamous Elisa Ferrari. "

He said and Elisa tensed up.

"Who is she?"

"She is someone I always used to find interesting. If I didn't have you, I would look everywhere just to find her and try to make her mine. She's strong, bold and a perfect mix of two skillful killers. Her whole family is more dangerous then any other mafia or gang in this planet."

"So you would dump me for someone you've never seen?"

She said giggling. He gave her a small smile and pecked her lips.

"Of course not. You are the most beautiful, smart and irritable woman I've ever met, why would I want to give that up?"

Elisa bit her lip and smiled upon hearing his words. She grabbed his face and kissed him passionately. Their tongues were fighting for dominance, when Elisa felt her stomach turn, she stopped and started running to the bathroom. Luckily she managed to get there on time to empty her stomach.

As always Ivan was holding her hair as she threw up everything she ate the last couple of hours.  He rubbed her back, trying to sooth her and calm her down.

After she finished Ivan didn't let go of her hair unti she was all cleaned up. She gave him a sweet smile silently thanking him.

"What happened to Alexandria?"

Elisa blurted out, remembering that she left them all there.

"I kicked her out. "

"Did she tell you what she wanted?"

She saw Ivan take another sharp breath, giving her a very sad smile.

"8 years ago, this day my sister was taken. Alexandria wanted to be here for me, but I doubt her reasoning."

Elisa felt extremely bad when she heard what Ivan said. Sure, she didn't know about it, but maybe Alexandria only wanted to be there for him.

"I'm sorry Ivan I didn't know."

She said now diverting her gaze to the floor. Ivan picked her chin up so she could face him.

"Hey, it's okay."

He said and Elisa relaxed a bit.

"Ivan, can we get an ultrasound?"

She suggested and Ivan's face lit up. By getting an ultrasound he could see the little bean that was growing inside of Elisa's stomach. His little bean, his baby.

"Of course, love."

He said sweetly. He took his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. Elisa looked at him with a questionable look but he just smiled.

"Hello, Dr. Romanov, yes I would like a favour. My fiancee and I would like an ultrasound appointment. You are free today? That's great. Okay see you soon."

He said and hang up the phone.

"What?"

He asked when he noticed Elisa's expression.

"You have people for everything, don't you?"

"Well my lady, since you asked I do have people for almost everything."

"Almost?"

"Yes, almost."

Elisa shook her head and the two started walking out to get ready.

"Also stop calling me your fiancee little shit."

Elisa said and Ivan burst out laughing.

"Why?"

"Because I'm not your fiancee."

Elisa said putting her hands on her waist. She looked like a mother scolding her child and Ivan's laughter increased upon seeing her pose. He got closer and kissed her lips. It was a sweet kiss, full of emotion not like the others they usually shared.

"Some day, Viktoria. Some day."