(Oh, I'm sorry. Did I not tell you I have severe ADHD? It's kinda a side effect from the other thing I kinda have. Whoops, it kinda slips my mind that sometimes I'm a complete hyperactive freak, you'll have to excuse me, désolé, very sorry)

Looking away from the atrocity, I turn on my heel to decide where to sit.  The spoiled brat I dissed this morning- I later found out her name was Victoria- glares angrily at me from across the room, whispers something to the revoltingly large group of boys drooling over her, and points at me. 

I don't exactly want to get beat up on my first day of school, so I duck behind the lunch line, and head over to the windows. Jocks make great human shields. Nice, sturdy, and easy to slip past.

They don't notice me approaching until I sit down just one table beside them and pull out my lunch.

"Hey!" One of them looks at me, shoving his dirty blond hair aside. "You're the newbie, right? The one that dissed Victoria on her first day?"

Instantly all the jocks' eyes are on me. I smile sheepishly, pulling off my headphones. "Uhm, yeah I guess?" 

Cue a moment of silence and me wondering if these guys (and girls, there were several female jocks) were also under the reign of Victoria and if they were gonna beat me up. It was tensest moment of my life, having seven boy jocks and two girl athletes stare at me, possibly figuring out the best way to detach the limbs from my body.

Suddenly they break out into grins, talking over one another.

"You got guts!"

"Dude, you've been here for like a few hours and you're already my idol!"

"God, it was about time that petty b*tch learned a fucking lesson."

One of them squeals louder than the others. " Come sit with us!" She says, scooting over. I am not  one to deny new acquantaincing, so I picked up my lunch and plopped down next to the strawberry-blond girl. My fingers drum against my thigh and I force myself to stop, but they don't listen. Stupid hand.

"My name's Grace." She smiles. "That's Olivia, aka Livy, and there's George, Mick, Holt, Corbin and his boyfriend Grant, and the Dolby twins."

"Well, I'm Hazel, great to meet y'all." I smile at them, greeting all of them. 

"Where you from, Haze?" Corbin asks, his blue eyes scanning me up and down. A blue haired boy- who I can assume is his boyfriend by the way he clings to his arm- flashes a curious look over at me.

"The dopey little streets of beautiful Los Angeles." I twirl my fork around, slowly eating my lasagna as I start warming up to them.

"Oh, I've always wanted to go there! What's it like?"

"Pretty, beachy, and boiling hot." 

"Nice."

"Most of us here are Gothamites born and raised, only Livy and Jon Kent-nice kid- is from Metropolis. Jon hangs out with the Wayne, though, otherwise we'd be pretty chill friends."  The boy named Holt spoke. "Not many new kids come here, especially not from across the country. What brings you here?"

"Promises of a better life, I guess." I shrug.

"Gotham is literally the most notorious city in the world. There's lotsa trouble here y'know." Livy chuckles.

"I know that. L.A. got too boring, I guess. We were planning on leaving the city a while ago, me and Ma, y'know,  and when I somehow got the scholarship here she instantly packed up my life and was super excited to come. Guess she didn't really care about the crime rate, 'cause next thing we knew, we were on our flight to GC Airport. We know how to handle our way with trouble, I cause enough of it to be well acquainted with it."