[1] What You Want ?

Autumn P.O.V.

COMMENT AS YOU READ !!! THEN RESPOND TO DISCUSSION QUESTIONS AT THE END !!!!

I stood there, frozen in place, and sick to my stomach. I thought this day would never come. When I left Seattle, they were supposed to stay with it. So, why are they a million miles away from home standing in front of me with a look of disgust?

 So, why are they a million miles away from home standing in front of me with a look of disgust?

The years of abuse afflicted on to me growing up came hitting my thoughts like a ton of bricks. I stood in front of them today, a twenty-five-year-old woman but under their presence now a frightened little six-year-old girl. I convinced myself over these eight years of not being under their thumb. I had forgiven them but not forgotten. But, seeing them now in the flesh made me see that statement was far from true.

"You gonna let us in or what ?" My father barked out, breaking the awkward silence between us all. I could see he hadn't changed a bit.

"No, but you can turn your ass around and walk the other way." Dominic barked right back as he grabbed my hand, stopping me from fiddling. Which I hadn't noticed I even started doing. My father looked stunned by Dominic's response. He was a man who loved to dominant a room and was shocked when he saw he met his match.

"You gonna let this white boy talk to us like that?" My dad said, directing his attention off Dominic and on to me.

I dropped my head from his intense gaze but soon was lifted back up with Dominic's help. Once he saw I was at the proper eye level of my father, he dropped his hands. I turned my head towards him and saw a look of anger in his eyes.

"You pick it up and never let it drop again." I knew what he was saying and why he was saying it.

I had let these guys break me down for years. They molded me into a shy, timid, and scared soul. They put me down so much I started to believe it. The insecurities they burden me with for years stuck to my skin like glue, and I had to shake it off. So, with that, I directed my attention back to my mother and father and mustered up the courage to speak what was on my mind.

"Yeah, he can talk to you like that because you're at his front door. Parked inside his driveway, outside of his house." I said with a little bass in my voice. My father's eyes grew big and wide, and so did my mothers. What I was doing now to them was talking back, and my father didn't like it when I talked back.

"What did you just say to me?" He said, taking a step towards me. I instantly stepped back off of reflex because I usually knew what was coming next and needed to make sure I wasn't in arms reach.

"I think you heard what she said." Dom said, stepping in front of me as he placed his hands on my father's chest, pausing him from stepping any further.

"Get your damn hands off me." He said, slapping Dominic's hand from his chest. As they now stood face to face. Dominic chuckled and shook his head as he took a step back. The look on my father's face screamed rage. Dominic made his way behind me as he wrapped me tightly in his arms, placing a kiss on the side of my neck, snuggling up to me. If my dad's blood wasn't already boiling, it was now. Dominic's territorial behavior disgusted him. He looked me up and down from head to toe before letting the foul words spill from his mouth. "That muthafucka don't love you. White boy got a chocolate fetish." I could feel Dom's whole body tense up.