[8] Time Fly's

Dominic P.O.V.

"Allie!" I yelled at the top of my lungs from the bottom steps. I waited for a minute and heard nothing in return. "Allie!" I shouted once again. I knew if she didn't respond. Yelling the third time wouldn't be an option. I would head up. I heard a door open from above. At that moment, I knew she was up, and water wasn't going to be poured.

"I'm coming!" She yelled back followed by a door closing.

It was nearing the time Lance was supposed to pick her up and take her to school, and she still hadn't come down for breakfast. Usually, it was my day to take her instead of Frank, but Autumn has her twelve week check-up, and missing that wasn't an option. So, I called up Lance to see if he could do me this solid, and of course, he came through saying, "Anything for my godson." Him, just like Allie already in their minds had it made up, it was a boy. I swore when we broke the news to the family over dinner three months back. They were all excited. I mean, really excited.

Allie jumped up from the table, dancing around scream-singing, "I'm having a brother. I'm having a brother." While my father congratulated us and my mom said, "Finally." Lance, on the other hand, smiled and dapped me up. I knew he figured it out before we announce it. Tasha and him were around often and saw how sick Autumn would get from time to time. So, I knew they had put two and two together. But they never said anything. I knew Lance was waiting on me to tell him. It was like he didn't want to ruin the moment when that time came. So, him and Tasha acted surprised like everybody else at the dinner.

A ring from the doorbell broke my thoughts. I already knew who it was. I checked my Rolex as I made my way to the door. He was right on time. I knew he would be because he was Lance. One reason why Allie needed to get her butt downstairs.

"Why you always ring the doorbell? You got a key?" I said pulling the door open, moving to the side letting him step in.

"Well." He said as I shut the door turning towards him. " My godson wasn't dropped off by birds. So, how he was created is the reason I don't use my key." He said, patting my shoulder chuckling. I shrugged his hand off of me but not before letting a chuckle out myself as we both headed towards the kitchen.

He was right, and now that Autumn was pregnant, she was even hornier than ever. These past months she started letting her guard down and allowing me to love her. Her parents coming did throw her off for a bit, but she bounced back. She's not a hundred percent. She has her good days and bad ones, but she's mentally better than the day I met her. Where she's at now is where I wanted her to be, and I knew I had to protect that peace at any cost. She was carrying my child, and I knew stress wouldn't be good for the baby.

"How was the trip?" I said, making my way to the fridge to fetch water. While he pulled out one of the stools under the island, taking a seat. I walked over, handing him a water before cracking mine open, leaning on the island, ready to hear it all.

"Man, where do I began ?" He said, cracking the bottle open and taken a sip.

"Well, you can start with how long you were sitting on that beach to get that tan." He looked down at his hand and started laughing.  

"I did get darker, huh." He said, looking back up at me as I chuckled a bit, nodding my head. "Well, first Jamaica is beautiful. The people, culture, and food. I wish we could have stayed longer than two weeks. But we knew we couldn't. Tasha didn't want to get far behind in work. You know how Tasha is?" I knew how she was. It was the main reason I hired her. She had a mouthpiece of gold and could sell my software to the devil if she wanted to, which was one reason. I had just promoted her to VP of sales a couple weeks before her trip. She was pulling in better numbers than Stanley. It was only right I gave it to her. She deserved it, but if she ever fell off, a demotion would follow, and I knew she knew that. She had become like family over these months, but business was business, and my company is what feeds my family, and anybody hindering that, had to go. " It was good taken her away from work." He continued, smiling, staring off into space, most likely thinking about Tasha. Lance was whipped, and anybody who had eyes could see that. He cared for this girl. He knew this position would be stressful, but he also knew how bad Tasha wanted it. So, as a congratulations on the promotion, he planned this whole trip for her. "Man and watching her walk around in those bikinis. Shit, had me ready to kill a couple of them locals getting a little too comfortable with her. They kept screaming pretty gal, babes, and bomboclaat every time she walked past." He said trying to imitate their accent. "I was going to catch a case in Jamaica." He said, breaking out of his gaze and looking at me serious as ever.