Figurines and Frivolity

Start from the beginning

I seize the opportunity, turn my head and catch her lips with mine, humming at the contact, wrapping my arms around her shoulders, and then recoiling in disgust. "Ugh! Is that me!?" I ask, lifting up my arm, sniffing under it and wrinkling my nose.

"The bathroom's all yours if you want it," Adora says, showing a thin-lipped smile, wafting her hand below her nose.

"Oh, I'm too stinky for you, am I?" I ask, smirking, and then pouncing on her without warning.

"Haha! Catra, no! I just got clean!"

"And now you're gonna get dirty! " I yell, laughing while I tackle her onto her back, holding her wrists, and trying to press my gross smelly armpit into her face.

"Stop it!" Adora shrieks, "That is disgusting! "

I release my grip, sit up straight, and - with some difficulty - manage to keep my expression neutral. "You're supposed to love me no matter what, Adora."

"You can't be serious..."

"It's fine. I knew you didn't want me all along," I say, sighing and standing up. "I'll go get washed then, just so I can be good enough."

"Catra, wait, I didn't mean-"

"Hah!" I turn and grin widely, "that was way too easy, Adora."

"Oh just you wait," Adora says, blowing out a puff of air, and folding her arms.

I head to the bathroom door, laughing all the way, then pause to lean against the doorframe. "Okay princess, I'm going to make myself smell delicious, just for you."

"You're too kind."

"I know. Won't be long."

--

Adora's bathroom is meticulously clean compared to her bedroom, light-pink tiles glimmering beneath the magical spots of silver light in the ceiling. There's a porcelain sink, with a large oval mirror above it. To the left of that, a couple of shelves stacked with various colourful bottles, and beneath those, a small set of drawers with towels on top.

I run my hand across the fluffy, white towels, marvelling at the softness of the material, then I pick up a few choice bottles from the shelves, and place them onto the shower cubicle floor. There's a couple of unopened boxes with toothbrushes in them, so I help myself to one, grab the small tube of toothpaste in a cup next to the sink, and brush my teeth and tongue until my mouth tastes like something other than ass.

I look at myself in the mirror and check my teeth, then tug my sports bra off, pausing to puff my chest out proudly. I pause for a moment, wondering how it'd feel to have Adora's mouth there, and her tongue...

I watch my own pupils dilate at the thought of her, touching me that way. I used to fantasise about Adora all the time back in the fright zone, but when she left me I made sure to sever those thoughts completely. And now, everything's moving so quickly that my brain can hardly keep up. One minute I've convinced myself that we're sworn enemies and that she hates me. The next, she tells me I'm irresistible, that she loves me, and that she wants me.

Maybe I did die when prime caused me to fall from that platform, I think, remembering the terror I felt when I fell, and then the sudden, devastating impact of the steel floor. Maybe this is some weird post-death fantasy. If it is, I hope it lasts forever .

I pull my underwear off, and step into the shower cubicle, twisting the small, circular handle in the centre of the tiled wall.

"Ah! Cold!" I hiss, jumping back and waiting a few seconds. I gingerly reach my hand forwards, twisting the knob to the left a bit more, until I find a suitable temperature.