Chap 6 - New Morning

Hetal's POV
The next morning I was waked up by an alarm. The realization of being married and being Mrs. Oberoi dawned upon me. But deep down, I knew my position would be replaced by Rudra's girlfriend sooner or later.

I was on a five-day leave for Mittali's wedding ceremony but now I had to go back to work. As I knew after one year neither I would have money nor this tag of Mrs Oberoi, So it was very important for me to continue with this job which I have from the past 3 years.

After freshening up, I went out of the room and saw Rudra sitting in the dining room.

It was a busy wedding ceremony yesterday. Moreover, I couldn't see his face clearly in those dim lights last night. It was until then I watched him on the sly.

I had to admit that I was indeed married to a breathtakingly handsome man. He looks more handsome face to face compared to those magazine pics and giving him a tag of "Greek God" was not wrong for him.

The black suit gave away the outline of his masculine body. And his intense fair and chiseled face made it hard for me to move my eyes from him.

"Can you stop staring at me? Sit down for breakfast." Rudra said without even casting a glance at me.

I was embarrassed, so I quietly took the seat on his left.

The breakfast was sumptuous as it had pancakes, poha, juices, sprouted salad, etc but I was full after having a pancake and a bit of poha.

I put down the fork and spoon and found that Rudra was looking at me.

He spoke, "Why don't you get more sleep? You don't need to get up so early."

"No, it's enough." I shook my head. I realize that Rudra's behavior was quite different from yesterday. Though he still acted distantly, he was more polite now. So I decided to have a sensible talk with him.

"I asked for leave for five days. Now, its time to get back to work." I said.

After insisting me to give him the address of my office. He said, "that as we both are going in same direction, so I can give you a ride."

I was full of distrust, but he insisted on giving me a ride and I accepted as I had no choice as it was just the first day after our marriage and I did not wanted to spoil it by any argument among us. After getting in the car,I leaned on the seat to take some rest.

I "woke" up just in time when we were about to reach my office. I asked him to pull over at the corner of the street.

I knew what could happen if my colleagues saw me getting down from a BMW.

I got down from the car in a cheerful mood and waved goodbye to him before I hopped into my office building.

Rudra's POV

"Work?" I was confused. I had no idea that she had some real job, because my informer didn't inform me anything about this.

"Yes, Work!" She looked at the time and said, "I'm running late. I should get going now."

"Wait." I stood up and buttoned my suit and said, "I am going to work too.

I said, "We are going in the same direction towards the South Mumbai side, so I can stop by your office too and drop you," after knowing her office address which she mention after me insisting her .

I didn't say anything, but a lot was going on inside me.

The address Mittali (Hetal) told me was of a very famous Event Management company in Mumbai City. Though it was a small-sized company, it was quite promising.

As far as I knew, this company had nothing to do with the Mehra family. I wondered, why would a Lady of the Mehra family work there? My company happened to cooperate with that company now. I wanted to see what she wanted to do exactly.

And there was one more thing that took me off guard, it was that, there was no sign of a new bride by her. No sindoor (VERMILION) in her mang (hair is parted), no bangles, she was dressed in black pant and white shirt and a pony to her hairs. she was looking stunning in it.

I didn't ask much then and stopped the car as she instructed me.

She got down from the car in a cheerful mood and waved goodbye to me before she hopped into her office building.

It was the first time for me to see someone feel so happy about going to work.

**********

I love shayari's so this one is for you all lovely people. hope u all like it.

चलता रहूँगा पथ पर,
चलने में माहिर बन जाऊँगा,
या तो मंजिल मिल जायेगी या
अच्छा मुसाफ़िर बन जाऊँगा...