4 | Not Heartless

I closed my eyes when it happened

I closed my eyes when it happened. The gunshot was heard through the entire building, the panic went all over again. Takagi was shot. We all knew it. They killed him. "That monster killed him!" A woman in crowd started to yell, causing even more chaos than it was before. She meant Hans. "QUIET!" Hans's henchman, who's name was Fritz, shouted. He looked after us with few another ones so no one could escape or do anything.

"What are we gonna do?! We'll die one by one!" People continued to panic. I stayed in arms of my Mom, shivering as crazy. "Where is Dad?" I whispered. "I don't know..I don't know, sweetie. But everything's going to be okey, he's fine for sure." She tried to reassure me. I tried to belive her, but fear was doubting me and propably anyone here. Who knows who will die next?

"We have to think, Holly. You're in charge now." Ellis suddenly came over. "What do you mean?" Mom turned at him, confused. "Takagi is dead, now we all are looking to you. You have to do something." Ellis explained, with few other employers joining him in agreement. "But what can I do? What can I do with that terrorist psychopath?!" My Mom gasped. "Look at Charlotte, she's pregnant what will she do here on the damn floor, we don't have a single sofa or anything!" He pointed over the blonde woman, who looked like she's about to collapse.

"He's right, Mom. We have to bring at least the sofa's, we can't stay here only like that, who knows how long this entire situation will last." I admitted. My Mom was lost in doubts of hers, but then slowly nodded. "Alright, I'll see what I can do." She said and then tried to approach Fritz. "I wanna talk to your boss." She muttered. He stared at her for a while and then shooked his head. "Not allowed, get back." He ordered in the end. My Mom tried not give up, but he sent her right back in the crowd.

"He will talk with her." My blood started to freeze as he pointed at me. "No..No!" My Mom panicked as Frizt was about to reach me. Employers looked frightened about my destiny as he grabbed me, but I stayed still. "Das ist nicht nötig, ich gehe alleine!" I said, which made him widen eyes from shock. My thinking was correct. No one talked in german here and no one excepted me to change their mind. But it was success as he stopped holding my arm and let me walk on my own. "Thanks." I muttered and then he lead me to the office where Hans was.

He was by the desk, studying some documents or something. I would lie if I wasn't scared being this close to him. " I...have a request." I spoken to the silence to make him pay attention. Hans looked up, annoyed, but the face kind of changed as he recognized it's me. Strange. "Oh? Miss brave? Who put her in charge?" He asked. "It looks like you did. Because with the one in the charge you don't wanna talk. You murdered her Boss." I trembled, waving towards the hostages.

"Did I?" He fully listened, I could swear he was repeating each word of mine in his head. He tried to make me nervous or was there something else? "Yes. She's my mother. They..They're looking to her, but you somehow dedicated to speak only with me. Personally, I'd pass on the jab. I admit to be frightened being this close to you." I said, for a while regretting I said that. Hans was genuinely impressed by my candor. "Go on." He gave me a short smile.