Chapter 5. Keeping up with the Malhotra's

"Manik, where are other people? I mean your relatives and other friends" Nandini asked while recovering from the shock.

"Shit Manik....now you come with better reason or else she will freak out" Manik was thinking for some distraction that will help him in the situation and suddenly his bestfriend came running towards them.

The moment Nandini saw a dog jumping around, her entire focus shifted from Manik to that cute little furball.

"Hashhhh...bach gaya" he mentally thought but Nandini's next sentence made him gulp in fear.

"Don't think that I am distracted Mr.Malhotra but for now you can rest" she said sternly but again asked "what is this cute furball's name?"

"He is Alex. My favorite boy and Malhotra house ki jaan"Manik introduce Nandini to this little member of their family.

Meanwhile Neyonika and Shrikant completed the pooja and Mukti help them with additional rituals. Manik and Nandini were sitting behind them with Alex enjoying Nandini's lap.

After almost one hour they all settled down on dining table for their lunch.

Nandini was looking nervously at Manik but entire Malhotra family understood her inner turmoil. To make her comfortable, Shrikant give a blink to Neyonika and suddenly started talking to Nandini.

"Nandini, what are you studying? Aur tum Manik ko kaise janti ho? I mean don't get me wrong but hamare shehzade ajkal logose kam hi milte julte hai" Shrikant continued and Manik rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I am in 1st year Medicine uncle. And Manik se main Mumbai me mili thi. I went to visit filmcity with my brother and there we coincidentally met." She explained keeping her answer short.

"Hmmm, interesting. Mukti jara serious kaise hote hai wo sikhna waise bhi abhi Nandini toh aati rahegi. Hai na beta" Shrikant asked casually and Manik smiled looking at his parents and their efforts.

"Shri, I was thinking ke aaj Nandini ko hum yahi ruka dete hai. Waise bhi it's weekend and hum log abhi get together ke liye jayenge after lunch. Ye tino bache kahi ghum ayenge. Once Manik went back fir toh we only have to zelofy Mukti's cribbing. To unke saath Nandini tum bhi chali jao" Neyonika said looking at Nandini.

"Haan waise baat to sahi kahi apne mumma. Bhai jabse aaye hai kahi gaye hi nahi hum log kyun na kahi chalte hai bhai and Nandini please say yes. Please please please." Mukti said making puppy faces.

Till now Manik was silently having his lunch but after Mukti's statement he turn his gaze towards Nandini and waited for her response.

"Actually I need to ask my parents. Rehna toh I cant commit but I might manage aaj raat tak. It's weekend na toh generally I spend my time with amma appa. I will ask them after lunch and we can plan something accordingly" Nandini said in chirpy voice making Manik smile and Mukti screamed loudly.

After finishing their lunch, Neyonika and Shrikant retired for their room and Mukti drag Nandini in her room. Manik sighed and follow them in Mukti's room.

As soon as he entered in Mukti's room he heard Mukti and Nandini laughing loudly whereas Alex was jumping on Nandini's lap.

Manik wondered with Alex's immediate liking towards Nandini. But his trance broke with Mukti's voice.

"Nandini you go and talk to your mom dad meanwhile I and bhai will decide the destination for our outings. What say?" Mukti asked in her over enthusiastic tone.

"Perfect" and Nandini ran towards attached balcony to call her parents.

"Amma, Manik's sister Mukti and his mum insisted me ke I should spend some time with them here and we might go for outing. Should I go please?" Nandini asked in sugary tone and heard a chuckle from other side.