f i v e

"There's no human students in the basement." Was the first thing the twins got when they arrived in the basement. Ariel immediately took a step back, respecting the no-human rule.

"Sorry!" She called from where she held the door open, making sure to be behind the doorframe. Addison, however, hadn't moved.

"Uh, someone yakked in the cafeteria." She muttered awkwardly, making the teacher and janitor sigh.

"Oh, right. Still, the janitor." He muttered, grabbing his mop, and leaving the room. As he passed Ariel, she made sure to give him a smile, not treating zombies differently to how she treats humans.

"Wow. This is... Awful." Addison said, looking around at all the zombies in the small basement.

"I've told you, Addi, the zombies are treated way too unfairly!" Ariel exclaimed, making the green-haired zombies girl nod at her words.

"Yeah, we would have cleaned but the teacher is territorial about his mop." The girl snapped at Addison, who had moved closer toward Ariel.

"Addison, Ariel, what're you doing here?" Zed came forward, looking between the two girls.

"Apologizing." Addison said immediately, making Zed avert his eyes from the girl.

"My cousin, he's a jerk about zombies and last night was cheer initiation. Not that that's a good excuse. I'm so sorry." Addison rushed out, her tone, expression, and posture screaming that she was indeed sorry.

"I know. Ariel told me, remember? And it's cool, I know you're sorry. So was your friend." Zed said, making Addison's face light up as he forgave her.

"I've told Bucky to get his act together about how he treats zombies, but some things stick..." Ariel murmured, shaking her head as she thought about her cousin and his behaviour towards zombies.

"Well, what if Bucky sees us talking?" Zed asked the girls, making them exchange a look.

"We'll make sure he doesn't." Addison said with a shrug and a smile, "Uh, see you at the pep rally this afternoon?" She asked quietly, tilting her head at Zed.

"Zombies don't do pep rallies." The girl chimed in, making Addison and Ariel nod in understanding, even though Addison looked saddened by the fact.

"By the way, can I ask you your name?" Ariel asked politely, and the girl nodded.

"I'm Eliza, and this is Bonzo." The girl introduced the pair, and Ariel nodded at them, smiling kindly at them.

"We'll think about the pep rally." Zed said to Addison, making her smile wide as the sisters began to leave the room.

"Oh, and Ariel?" Zed called, making he girl in question turn back to him. "I gave my dad the eggs. They're actually quite nice. My sister loved them." That made Ariel hold a small smile on her face.

The girls met with Bree, going to the cheer prep room. Addison was fixing her wig in the mirror, Bree was looking at the crowd, and Ariel was sitting on the sofa, casually drinking an iced tea.

"There's zombies at the pep rally!" Bree squealed, making Addison shoot over to the door as Ariel nearly choked on her drink, placing it down on the table and joining the other two at the door.

They wouldn't dare." Bucky gasped, he and the Acey's joining the trio at the door, staring as zombies made their way through the stands.

"Stacey, Lacey, Tracey, bust out the spirit sticks." Bucky whispered, making said people's eyes widen. From underneath them, Ariel and Addison exchanged a concerned look. Ariel knew that this would not be good.

The cheer squad rolled into the gym, Ariel leading the team on their moves. The crowd began to cheer Bucky's name, waving their pompoms in the air. Addison had a grin on her face, and looked over to the leading lady, seeing a small smile on her face. It caused Addison's smile to widen, putting more effort into her own cheering. Bucky jumped through his picture, doing his signature move.

"Welcome to the Seabrook High cheer rally! It is gonna be a great year. We are gonna win the State Cheer Championship again!" Bucky yelled out, making both the crowd and cheer squad cheer at his words. He nodded, causing the team to spring into action.

"Go! Go! Go! Go Seabrook! Go Mighty Shrimp! Go Seabrook! Go Mighty Shrimp! Go Seabrook! Go Mighty Shrimp! Go Seabrook! Go Mighty Shrimp! Go Seabrook! Go Seabrook! Go Mighty Shrimp! Go Seabrook! Go Mighty Shrimp!" The team cheered while doing their routine, Ariel and Addison playing a main part in the group.

"Get the spirit sticks!" Bucky hissed to the Acey's, them doing so.

"Let's turn up the heat! Let everyone see them for who they really are. Monsters!" Bucky exclaimed, the members of the team holding the sticks, except for Ariel who plainly refused. Ariel stared up at Zed and Bonzo, watching as Bonzo reacted to the fire, pushing Zed out of the way.

"Bonzo, no! Stop! Bonzo!" Zed yelled at the zombie boy who was pushing his way down the stands and toward the team. Zed was rushing towards him from the stands, trying to stop him.

"Addison!" Zed yelled as he noticed the girl mid-air, the boys supposed to catch her not present. Ariel held her hands to her mouth, watching as he caught her sister in his arms, making the crowd go wild.

"Wow! The zombie saved her!" Someone exclaimed, fuelling the crowd's cheering.

"Hey. Hey. You. Me. We gotta talk." Coach pointed at Zed, making him help Addison up, and make his way over to coach.

Before he could leave the gym, Ariel had unconsciously called out to Zed. He turned back to her, tilting his head in question. "Thanks for saving Addi." She grinned, her hand rising for a high five. He hit his hand against hers before leaving with the coach. The trio had stayed in the cheer prep room until lunch, where they had made their way to the cafeteria. They had sat with the other cheerleaders, but only talked between the three of them.

"Hello, students. This is Principal Lee. As you may have heard, zombie students are now allowed to eat in the cafeteria. Ugh! Just deal with it!" The principal's voice rung through the cafeteria as the zombies made their way through the room to their table in the corner, beside the bins. The girls smiled between each other, looking over to the zombies. Zed looked back, his eyes meeting with Addison's, causing Ariel to look between the smiling pair. Ariel noticed Bucky and the Acey's disliking the situation, and only rolled her eyes at it.

"I just love the thought of flying through the air. Oh my... Oxygen is so overrated. And so is dirt. Ugh, I hate doing the dishes, but it's like I love soap. Isn't it weird?" Ariel was being forced to listen to Bree's rant about.... oxygen and dirt and soap? While Addison was too busy staring at Zed with love in her eyes, a dorky grin on her face.

"Addi? Are you okay, Addi?" Bree turned to Addison, finally noticing her smitten state.

"My heart's racing and my palms are sweaty." She sighed, the smile not changing.

"Oh, no, you have the flu!" Bree panicked, making Ariel laugh and Addison shake her head.

"No, it's Zed." She said, making the three turn to watch Zed, who was throwing an apple between his hands.

"Wait, you like-like him? You like-like a zombie?" Bree whisper-shouted in shock, Ariel laughing at Bree's oblivious nature.

"It was really obvious, sis." Ariel stated, her voice flat, making Addison turn to her.

"Wow. That's bad, right? Really bad. Our parents would so freak out. Are we still friends?" She rushed out, turning to Bree once she'd finished speaking.

"Hello. I have your back no matter what. Both of you. It's just, I don't want anybody to break your heart. Or devour it. But it... This is great. I mean, look. I swear on all that I hold dear, mostly glitter lip balm, I will tell nobody." Bree swore, making Ariel smile at her act. Addison brushed it off, saying,

"Well, nothing's going to happen. He probably doesn't even remember my name."

"Addison!"

"Yeah, sis...... About that."