CHAPTER 48

NO ONE'S POV

After the tiring reunion, she had with her friends. Nayeon took a while to open the notebook that Mina handed to her, it was hard since she doesn't know what to expect.

What could've Jeongyeon wrote down for her? 

Does she hate her? 

Does it end with this?

She tried hard to keep her head above the anxious thoughts she has but the pain was just too much to ignore. So she let the thoughts drown her, at least for the night. She laid flat on her bed holding Jeongyeon's worn out math notebook close to her heart and slowly she let go of the tears she tried to hold earlier.

-

The night was deep and quiet, the silence was deafening. The only thing she could hear was the sound of her heartbreaking. She stood up and open the radio to conceal the painful sobs she had. She went back to laying, she tried to close her eyes but whenever she did, all she can see was the figure of the taller girl smiling at her.

"She always looks back at you, she waited for you...."

Jihyo's words keep going in and out of her mind until she remembers all the time she thought she was simply following the taller girl

Jeongyeon loves to drag her around, she tends to pull her into something new or fun but never did Nayeon realized, not until now, that Yoo Jeongyeon always turns her back to look at her, that whenever the taller girl runs ahead of her, Jeongyeon would always stop to look back and wait for her.

-

"This song is perfect for those who have a hard time expressing their feelings. A perfect song for this calm night."

*YOUR SHAMPOO SCENT IN THE FLOWER PLAYING ON THE RADIO*

It's like destiny really wants to fuck her up, to let her know she made a mistake, the radio played Jeongyeon's favorite song. The one she always plays when she drives, the one Nayeon memorized without realizing, and the one that, Yoo Jeongyeon dedicate to the person she loves, Im Nayeon.

She tried to collect herself, and once she did, she starts opening the notebook. She can't believe that the taller girl managed to be this diligent, she wrote everything that she and Nayeon studied. And as she continues to scan through the notebook, on one of the pages she found a sketch of her, not as distinct as to how Chaeyoung draws, but she knew it was her. The buckteeth gave it away.

 The buckteeth gave it away