▪︎ Chapter Twenty ▪︎

"Oh my God, he hugged you?!" Clover screeched as we sat at our lunch table during recess. I was telling her about what happened and boy was she excited.

"Shhh, keep it down Clo" I hushed.

"Why should I? My favourite ship on the entire ocean surface has sailed" she replied excitedly.

"Well, I won't say it has sailed" I said "it's probably now at the docks but it's still anchored"

"Bullcrap! I'm going to be the one to un-anchor it, that's my job now" she said, grinning widely.

"No, you will do nothing of that sort Clover, if you do, I swear I'll kill you" I threatened, pointing a finger at her.

"Okay, okay, no promises though" she replied, still smiling. I shook my head at her behaviour as I smiled at her. She was like a child and it's not surprising though as she's the only child and her mom's baby.

We were talking about random things when someone walked up to us.

"Hey guys, mind if I join you?" Someone asked and we looked up to see André.

"Oh hey André" I greeted "sure you can, right Clo?"

"Yeah" she agreed and he took a seat at our table.

"So what's up, you guys look excited" he said, starting on his lunch.

"Oh, Dani is -" Clover started to say without thinking. She couldn't go around telling people of what she thought of Blake and I. I didn't want to incite any rumours, so I interrupted.

"What, she means to say is Dani, that's me, uh I'm excited cause I got an A on a test" I lied, nodding to Clover so she could catch on.

"Oh so you're the nerdy type" he smirked.

"Well, I guess you could say that" I replied chuckling and then changed the subject "So what brings you to New York City?"

"My mom got a new job here, so we had to move" he replied "You?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"You also recently moved her too right?" He asked.

"Yeah, how'd you know that though?" I asked.

"Oh you know how news travels round school fast, I heard that you only resumed here at Arlington some weeks ago" he explained "So I just guessed that you also just moved to NYC"

"Oh. Well, we also moved here cause my mom got a new job here" I replied, lying through my teeth.

"Oh that's cool" he said and we moved on to talk about memes.

After school, my mom had come to pick me up early. Thank God. When I got home, I went to my room, did the only assignment I had and got ready to go over to Blake's house.

"I'm off mom" I said as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Again?" She asked smiling "I'm beginning to think I was right honey"

"You're not mum,  it's still just a group study, nothing else" I replied, dragging my palm down my face.

"Alright, alright, if you say so" she replied, putting her hands up in mock surrender "Would you like a ride or you wanna walk?"

"Uh" I said, checking the time on my phone. I still had some time.

"No thanks mom, I still have some time before 5, so I'll walk" I replied.

"Alright honey, please be careful" she pleaded.

"I will, don't worry" I said, going over to kiss her on the cheek and then made my way to the door.