Fast Travel time

Começar do início

I put on a jacket before I walked up the stairs. Goldie waited by my side. The second I walked up the stairs, Goldie followed me. Why is she following me? I walk out of the tent with Goldie right by my side. I walk through snow. Where can I find a laptop? Maybe in that underground place? I know Apple sells them, but they're way too expensive. Maybe that underground place sells them, I should probably get a cheap laptop for him. Either way, it's not like he can complain about a laptop. I make my way to the dollar store . I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Goldie standing over me. Her tails were nowhere to been seen.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know, just wondering around." Goldie shrugged and let go of my shoulder. 

"Alright, I'll just follow you." I try my best to ignore her. Why would she follow me anyway? Does she literally have nothing else to do.

"Why are you following me though? Go do your own thing." I entered the corner store and heard a deep male voice behind me. I look behind me and see a tall, fit man following after me. 

"I heard that you Jana almost killed you the first time you went to Magebourne. Just making sure you're safe."

"How did you even know I was coming here?"

"I can read minds." I enter the bathroom. I fly up and press the button. The wall opens and I step inside the elevator.

"You can?"

"Maybe." I roll my eyes at the response. I honestly can't tell if she can read minds or not.

"Why would you want to make sure I'm safe anyway?"

"You're a child. You should at least make it to twenty before dying."

"Why twenty?"

"That's fourteen years below the age where most people died."

"I'm pretty sure most people don't die at thirty four. Most people live to seventy four now." I suddenly hear a female voice. I look back and see Goldie was back in her normal form. Even her tails reappeared.

"Really? That's way too old for humans. I'm happy for them though." I smile as I think of a joke.

"I thought you were one of us? I always knew you were a fox." The joke backfired, mostly because I guess she didn't understand it. 

"I'm a Kitsune. I'm not human. I like to think of myself as a human though." The elevator doors open. I step out of the elevator and walk in an random direction. I hear Goldie mutter, "Everything's so different now." Under her breath.

"Whatever." I ignore her as I walk. She just followed behind me quietly. I look around and notice a medieval style building. It looked way different from the rest of the buildings. Right on top of the door was a sign that said, "Learn the history of Magebourne today!" Why is there a museum here? I though it would be more like Las Vegas. Does Las Vegas even have museums? I look away and walk past the building. In the corner of my eye, I see Goldie walk up to the building before turning around and quickly chasing after me. I walk down the street and turn a corner. Goldie finally said something.

"So what are you looking for?"

"Like I said before, I'm just wondering around." Goldie rolled her eyes and pointed in the museums direction.

"I think the museum has a map." That would be helpful. Will it show me the stores though? Now that I think about I doubt it will, way too many places to list on a map.

"I'll go later."

"How about now?"

"I'm busy."  Goldie huffed as I aimlessly wondered around the streets. I finally stumble across a store that simply had the name, "electronics."  I wander into the store. My eyes widen as I saw how big the place was. There were these tiny green rectangles with weird metal pieces on them. I walk around and store until I find a isle filled with laptops. I look around until a price that seemed reasonable. It took awhile until I found a price tag of two hundred dollars. That seems expensive. I look at the price tag right next to it. My eyes widen as I saw the price was over thousand. Two hundred doesn't sound so bad now. I grab the box and look at the box.