Sonic .EXE x Reader

I had made the tremendous mistake by talking about my improvement in speed when Sonic .EXE was present, now I had to race him. I hated backing down from challenges, but damn this would probably be the hardest challenge ever. Me and Sonic got into our positions and waited for Hoodie to give us the signal to start. I took a deep breath and waited patiently, then a gunshot rang in my ears and I lunged forward. I was definitely faster than a few months ago, but the real question was, was I faster than Sonic. Luckily, there were no rules other than no sabotaging the other racer, meaning I could user anything in sight to my advantage. We were neck and neck, obviously Sonic was doubting me. "Wow! You are faster!" Sonic said with a wink, I chuckled and projected myself with a larger step. Sonic ran faster and was able to get ahead of me. I wasn't using my full speed yet, I wanted to save some of my energy for when I needed it. I then saw a rock in view and a perfectly placed branch that I could swing off of. I quickly jumped onto the rock and jumped onto the branch then onto the next tree. I jumped from tree to tree until I was able to somewhat catch up to Sonic. When I did, I heard him growl and he began to run faster. I wanted to get down and I saw the perfect landing spot. There was a branch on a tree that hung down and it was thick enough for me to swing off the tree. I did as I planned and swung off the branch and was able to get beside Sonic. I made a slight glance to Sonic and he made a slight glance to me, we reached the end and we both turned back and began to run back to the mansion. As we did I tripped but I was able to roll back onto my feet in the fall, giving Sonic the advantage. He got ahead of me and I could hear his snickers, I growled at his cockiness and did what I knew best and jumped up and swung from branches above me. I was now neck and neck with Sonic and I let go of the branch, now running beside Sonic. I could feel the tension on the air. When the mansion came into view I went into overdrive and went full speed ahead. I used one long and quick step to get a tiny bit ahead and then I passed Masky and Hoodie, meaning I had finished. The moment I passed them I halted myself and got to my knees to try and catch my breath. "I have never... run so fast in my life." I said between huffs. When I saw Sonic, I expected him to go ballistic and straight up kill me. Sonic calmly walked up to me and held out his hand, "That was a good race! You gave me a good run for my money." Sonic said with a large smile on his face, not what I was expecting but it was nicer than what I was. "Heh, yeah. Thanks. I don't think I'll get lucky like that again though." I said with a smile of my own. Sonic chuckled as he winked at me. I don't think my chest has ever been in so much pain, but my happiness was able to counteract that. "Thanks for racing me, it was a good way to test out my skills." I said as I got up. Sonic nodded, "Not a problem! Thank you for excepting my challenge!" I nodded and smiled. I was happy to be here, in this place. It felt like I actually had a family.