Smile Dog x Shapeshifter!Reader

Once I got home, I was too tired to even change back into my human form so I just flopped down by the doggy door. I was covered in blood, well, my snout, teeth and paws were. I tried my best to calm my aching muscles but it was no use, I just closed my eyes and waited for the pain to go away on it's own. I was shaken from my 'Black-out' moment to something nuzzling against my cheek. I opened my eye's and saw my mate, Smile Dog or as most people call him, Smiles. Smiles crouched down a little bit and nuzzled me again, "Are you okay?" Smiles asked, his tail lowering. I just huffed, I didn't want to lie to him but I didn't want him to worry either. Smiles whined and nuzzled me again, "Hey, say something!" He demanded. I sighed, and tucked my tail beside me, "I'm really tired, my entire body hurts and I had to do more than I anticipated." I said with a small flick of my ears. Smiles growled underneath his breath and then slipped his snout under my paw, "At least wash up." Smiles tried to hide the concern by making his words bitter and salty. Smiles helped me up and lead me to Jeff. Smiles nudged Jeff and Jeff looked to us, "What is is Smiles?" Jeff asked. Smiles barked and then nudged me. Jeff sighed, already knowing it was me and got up. Jeff came back with a damp cloth and cleaned the blood off of my fur. Once Jeff was done, he turned to Smiles "Is that all?" Jeff asked, Smiles nodded and Jeff patted his head. Smiles turned to me and nuzzled me, "Are you really so tired you can't turn back?" He asked. I nodded, "Transforming is tiring, not to mention painful." I said, looking down in shame. Smiles licked my head and began to push me, trying to gesture me to follow him. I did as he asked and followed him. We went upstairs and into Smiles room, unlike others would think Smiles had his own room. Smiles laid down and I laid down next to him. Smiles wrapped his tail around my own and laid his hand on my shoulders. We stayed silent for a while until I felt something moving up and down on my tail. It was Smiles tail, it was slightly wagging. I smiled and relaxed my body. "Smiles." I said, trying to get his attention. "Yeah?" Smiles said in a monotone and calm voice, I took a deep breath and I felt a shiver go up my spine, "I love you." I said softly. Smiles chuckled, "I love you too." He said licking my shoulder. I smiled and I fell asleep quickly and easily.

(I'm going to try to make this a little bit shorter, if I can. Enjoy the rest of my crap!)