Chapter 2

Bright tore the contract in his hands. It was not necessary anymore.

"P' I can explain." Win said on his knees. Bright stood there speechless. He didn't know what to say or what to ask.

"I was drunk and it didn't know what was happening,"

"Were you raped?" Bright asked.

"No, no I wasn't."

"Then why did you cheat?"

"I don't know. I thought it was with you,"

"How could you think that Nong when you clearly knew it wasn't me,"

"P' I was really drunk and I'm sorry it won't ever happen again,"

"How do we know it won't happen again? I mean it's not like you are going to quit drinking."

"I can p',"

"Nong go home."

Win was not going anywhere until Bright forgave him.

"P I'm not going home. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry p. I'm not moving until you forgive me."

Bright walked away and Win was left there as Bright went to his bedroom. He didn't move an inch. He knelt there when he felt a cramp in his legs. When he felt his legs went to sleep, he didn't move when his stomach grumbled with hunger and even when he felt the need to use the bathroom.

Bright did not come out of his bedroom the whole night and when he did the following morning, he was shocked to see Win sleeping on his knees head on the couch.

As a doctor he couldn't help but worry. He rushed to Win and shook him awake.

"P'" he called out sleepily,

"What are you doing here like this? Didn't I tell you to go home?"

Bright tried to help him stand but he fell back down. He helped him sit on the couch and he saw his legs were swollen.

"Nong, you are a doctor, you know you can't do this to your legs."

He lifted Win's legs and placed them on his lap so that they were straight. He started massaging them to soothe them. Win started crying right then.

"P' I'm so sorry,"

Bright calmly asked, "Why did you go to the club?"

"I was just curious, and I wanted to see everything,"

"Who did you go with?"

"Mild."

Bright thought this Mild was bringing trouble to them. Mew had told him about Mild too.

"Who did you have a session with?"

"I don't know his name."

"But you know his face?"

"The room was a little dark but if I see him again, I'll recognize him." He looked at Bright and he quickly added, "not that I intend to meet him again."

"Ok as soon as your legs are ok go home. I need time to think too."

"I'm hungry." Win said sadly as he looked at his hands in embarrassment.

Bright looked at him and got up going to his kitchen to make him food. After Win was done eating hesaid, "you can go home now. I'm calling you a taxi."

"I would like to use the bathroom please."

"How does your legs feel?"

"I don't know." Win replied with a heart heavy with guilt. He had messed up big time. He didn't know how he was going to make things ok again. Maybe he was a terrible person after all. Maybe Bright deserved better.

"I'll go. I'm sorry p'."

He got up on wobbly legs and almost fell again. Bright moved on instinct before he could fall. "I'm ok p'."

Bright felt heartbroken seeing Win like this, but he had no choice. He had cheated, but seeing Win this way made him feel sad. Win got up slowly and left the house.

In the top floor of the house, the mood was totally different. MewGulf were woken up by the ringing of Mew's phone. "Yes," Mew answered sleepily as he laid kisses on Gulf's forehead who was already moving about in the bed.

"What?" Mew was loud as he got up to sit.

"Ok I'm coming in right away."

Gulf started yawning and stretching too, waiting to hear what the call was about.

"What's going on? Is everything ok?" He asked as soon as Mew ended the call.

"My research has been marked. They didn't wait three months as originally planned."

"Go ahead p' let me know what the result is ok?"

Ok, Mew kissed Gulf and got up. He took a quick shower and left for the hospital.

Gulf was awake in bed just swooning. He couldn't believe he was engaged to be married. He looked at his hand once again and he buried his face in his pillow. It felt like a dream but seeing his wedding ring made everything real. He called Win. He had to share the good news. He was however thrown off by Win's voice when he answered the call. It sounded weak.

"Are you ok?" he asked concerned.

"P broke up with me."

Gulf gasped. "Where are you?"

"I just got home."

"I'm on my way."

Gulf went back to their apartment and when he got there, Win was a mess.

"What happened?" He asked as he went to sit down on a chair in Win's room.

"I cheated on him." Win replied sitting in his chair opposite Gulf. That had Gulf pausing.

"You cheated?" He repeated in question not believing his ears.

"Yes, I didn't mean to. I was drunk."

"Wow... ok? That's unexpected."

"I'm such a mess up."

"Yeah, yeah you are." Gulf nodded in agreement.

"You're not helping."

"I mean you cheated." Gulf said pointedly.

"I know. And I feel bad as it is. You're making it worse."

"Did you beg?" Thats rule number one after you're caught cheating. It was the basics.

"All night. Slept on my knees." And Win knew the rules too well.

"it's kind of hard to recover from cheating though." Gulf was talking from experience.

"You guys did." Win said but he didn't know the effort that went into the process. Mew had worked hard to get Gulf back. He looked at Win with judging eyes. What could Win do to win Bright back? He wondered.

"Ours was a unique case, when did your infidelity happen?"

"The day you found out about new cheating."

"Are you playing a cheating game of tag?"