Thranduil's Hall

"Stay back" he signalled

The men of Dale cloaked and masked appeared from the shadowy corners of the murky forest their swords drawn. Hendumaica was quick to his feet, he too had his dagger drawn. she watched him in awe, many of the elfin were discarded into their cots some only rousing from their sleep and the men of Dale had surrounded, out-numbering him.

The said Captain of the opposing party had an enormous woolen cap his hands lousily gnawing it off revealing his countenance, he was ready to order his men and the ranger elf watched in vigilance

The Elfin went behind her and extended his left arm the other arm wielding the short sword

"Cui!" (Wake up!) he hissed to the elves that were still in their cots, they too roused less graceful given the state of the ambush.

"Attack!" The captain roared in westron, held out his sword in the air and they ran by the dozen aiming for the ranger Elf.

Her heart quickened, instinctively she sought for a club like stick to try and fend off for her

One by one they came, Hendumaica parried hitting and blocking with his sword, instead of furthering blood shed he had knocked them down by the end of his blade, Moriwen found it extremely valiant and chivalrous that he did not kill them instead he spared them and rendered them unconscious.

In one swift they were all out but She saw that he did not subside instead he stood alert, she tensed a little feeling somewhat confused

"Do not idle, for there are not only men in these parts but evil creatures"  He said listlessly his voice cold and grim sending chills down her spine

"Are we not safe anymore?" She questioned

"These men roused the spiders awake, I've sense it along with them" He confessed, and sheathed his sword only to bring out his bow "We must break camp" he added.

She helped pack a few of the discarded cots while he saw him gather his men to do the same and clear out every trace of their encampment.

Then they were on horseback once more, his hands restless on the reign as if he meant to pull out a blade. They went on a familliar looking cobblestone path that she saw earlier. onwards to the road to a place she did not know.

Mere hours passed but they did not slow down, or at least he dared not to. one thing she had come to understand of this mysterious Elfin man, It is as if he is constantly rigid and never had a care for his own comfort.

Then came two humongous Corniferous tree, He stopped and all of his men begun to unsaddle. confused of the sudden stop she questioned the elf who still held on to his reign. seemingly understanding the confusion in her face he looked across

"We are here, the entrance of the Elven Hall"

"Elven hall? all there is are trees about" she responded, confused as ever then he unmounted and helped her off the saddle.

"You will see" he lisped, and began to walk towards the trees his steps ever so quick "Come" he added.

She followed in curiosity. He brushed between the leaves and lo and behold, as soon as her eyes adjusted there were a river running through the enormous gate of stone.