Naomasa looked up from his desk at Izuku at the sound of the gun being set down. He could feel for the boy, it had taken him a long time to get used to having a gun. When he had finally gotten used to it though, it had become one of his most valued assets outside of his combat gloves for close-quarters combat. True he didn't use either often, he was mostly a detective but he had been in a fair number of fights and his gun skills had saved his life more than once.

He got up from his desk and walked over to Izuku and put a hand on his shoulder, "I think that's enough of taking it apart, let's get some sparring in before you have to head back."

Izuku immediately brightened up at that and hopped to his feet. "Yes sir!" he said and headed off to the sparring room.

Naomasa gave a light chuckle and headed in after him. He had to admit that Izuku's talents lay with hand-to-hand combat, and it wouldn't hurt to indulge that talent every now and again.

A few minutes later they were standing on either end of the mat. They gave a bow to each other then they launched towards each other.

Izuku opened with a quick jab from his left which Naomasa casually deflected, then Izuku spun into Naomasa ducking as he did, and tried to sweep Naomasa's legs. Naomasa evaded the sweep with a quick hop and then tried a quick flick with his right foot in an attempt to disorient Izuku. Izuku however used his left leg and pushed forward, diving headlong into Naomasa's chest and tackling him to the ground. Naomasa didn't miss a beat though, and even as he fell backward, he pulled his knee up and into Izuku's gut, disrupting any further attempts to capitalize on the tackle. Izuku though winded slightly from the gut hit, used that hit to help propel himself over Naomasa's head and back to a safe distance putting the bout back to neutral.

Naomasa got to his feet and they both took a moment to catch their breath. Then they started to circle each other slowly, but while circling they steadily closed the distance between themselves. This time, Naomasa took the initiative and stepped forward. He opened by attempting to immobilize Izuku's arms with a grab maneuver, while also sidestepping his leg between Izuku's and using the grab as a feint, rammed his shoulder into Izuku. Izuku stumbled backward and tried to maintain his balance even as Naomasa came in fast, launching a flurry of blows and overwhelming Izuku by his sheer ferocity and speed.

Barely two and a half minutes after the bout had started, it ended. Izuku lay on the ground panting as Naomasa stood above him breathing a tad heavily but clearly nowhere near as strained as Izuku.

"You did well, your quick thinking in launching a tackle after your failed leg sweep was good and would allow you to quickly regain the initiative. Keep working on ideas like that and you'll do very well in any sort of unarmed combat you find yourself in." Said Naomasa as he extended his hand to Izuku.

Izuku took his hand and with Naomasa's help got back on his feet. He was sore all over but he felt great, he'd managed to keep the initiative for a while and even managed to impress Naomasa.

"It's all thanks to your guidance, I never would have been able to come this far if I didn't have you as a teacher," said Izuku, giving his sensei a bow.

"Don't count out your own hard work and effort, through your hard work and keen mind you've taken to my teaching quickly and-" Naomasa suddenly broke off and launched himself at Izuku.

Izuku, not expecting a surprise attack was tackled to the ground, he was about to try and break the grapple when the side of the building exploded.

Izuku had been expecting a flash of heat or debris flying everywhere, but nothing seemed to happen apart from the initial sound and some crumbling wood and concrete sounds. He glanced over and realized that it hadn't been an explosion at all. Instead, a section of a building had fallen through the roof and into the office cluster next door. Good thing they were the only ones in the office today, Naomasa had had some late-night reports to work on.