Chapter 4: Stoneside Coincidence

Ochako opened her apartment door and stepped inside. The place was the same as she had left it, minus the periodic cleaning that is done by the landlady out of the kindness of her heart. She dropped off her wallet and went out onto the balcony to sit and overlook the city.

Her primary apartment was positioned at one of the highest points in the city and on the top floor. From this vantage point, she had an excellent view of the city and could react quickly to any large-scale emergencies. Assuming she wasn't notified before she noticed. There hadn't been any large-scale emergencies though, at least not in the past two years. Overall Musutafu had lost maybe a third of the buildings in the city, with the ruined sector consisting of the northern end of the city, and the primary area where the battle had taken place. In comparison to other cities though, Musutafu had fared well mainly due to the presence of Nezu and the U.A. Other cities, less fortunate and not as prepared, had been almost wiped off the map mostly due to Decay.

She looked out towards All Might park, what had once been a normal plaza with All Might's statue at its center. Shigaraki, the Nomu, and the rest of the league had tried to destroy it, but he hadn't managed to take even a step into the plaza. The entire plaza had been reduced into a burning crater. Whatever kind of material the statue had been made of, it hadn't melted, unlike the rest of the plaza, though it had been darkened considerably. Shigaraki had barely escaped the blast, Kurogiri teleporting him and the surviving Nomu and villains to safety. Kurogiri may have been killed by Hawks seconds after, but the damage had been done.

"Damn, Kurogiri. If only we had managed to kill him earlier. Then everything might have been avoided." Ochako thought bitterly.

Ochako sighed, thinking about the past wasn't going to get her anywhere. She finished off her drink and checked her watch. It was near 2 o'clock, so she grabbed a foldable stool, the bouquet in the vase that she had bought yesterday, and the incense she kept in a drawer. She quickly left her apartment and made her way down to the street where she started towards the east end of the city.

As she wound her way through the crowded streets, she couldn't help but think about Zeus and The Hunter. She could probably handle The Hunter on her own she reasoned, she was confident in her CQC skills and her quirk rendered most projectiles and conventional weapons useless. If she got in close enough, then she could capture him by using her quirk, via a slab of concrete or some other object to pin him with. That being said, she had no intention of going against what her teachers and the H.A. had advised. If they believed he was strong enough to warrant more than one hero, then she'd take their word on it.

Bakugo is probably off looking for both Zeus and The Hunter right now. Take them out before anyone has a chance to even mobilize a response. Thought Ochako. Typical Bakugo, but if anyone could probably manage that then it was probably him. He wasn't tied with Todoroki for number 3 in the rankings for nothing.

Zeus, however, was a serious problem. With full manipulation over electricity, he was a serious threat to even a fully geared squad of pro-heroes. He had the potential to deal almost as much damage as Twice did. He could overload power generators and transformers, knocking out power to entire cities. The lighting he called down was also REAL lighting. The bolts consisted of plasma and he could burn through almost any material imaginable, and his speed was insane. The only upside was that he had to aim the bolts first, and an observant combatant could see the signs and avoid the deadly bolts. That left Zeus with just firing off much weaker bolts from his body which he personally generated. They were drastically weaker, you could take a few hits, but they were faster, and you could only use Zeus's body language as a sign of where he was going to aim. He was a tough opponent and she didn't think anybody in the Hero Association could take him on in single combat and have a sure chance of winning.