𝐗𝐈𝐈. TᕼE ᗪIᗩᗰOᑎᗪ ᗰᗩGE

Back to back updates! Granted, I didn't want to change much in this chapter.

~ L M

Continued...

"Oi, Yuno. You might actually have to put me down. I feel kinda woozy up here." [Name] drawls. The blood rushes to her head, making her nauseous.

"Mimosa!" Glasses Guy snaps.

"Hai~ Plant Creation Magic: Magic Flower Guidepost." A bright light shines as plants sprout from the stone ground. A holographic blueprint of the dungeon shows in a bronze color. Mimosa takes a careful look at it. "Let's see... Ah, got it. I've learned the basic layout of the dungeon."

"Very well." Glasses Guy turns to Yuno who still has [Name] on his shoulder. "Yuno!" Oh, so we just ignoring me now, huh Glasses Guy? [Name] thinks as she glares at the blue-haired noble.

"Right." Yuno's short answers satisfy Glasses Guy as Yuno controls his Wind Magic. Wind Creation Magic: Heavenly Wind Ark.

"I hope you suffer." Glasses Guy says as he, Yuno, and Mimosa fly away on Yuno's wind ark.

"I already am!" [Name] shrieks. "Put me down, Yuno!" Asta and Noelle hear her screams ricocheting down the walls.

"Impressive as always. Yuno!" Asta chimes in. "Don't worry, [Name]! We'll catch up!" He shouts at them. "All right! Let's go, Noelle!" He cheers. Asta runs off, leaving Noelle in his dust.

"Hey!" She yells at him.

Yuno has a soft smile on his face. [Name] passed out from all the blood rushing to her head a while ago.

Let's see which of us gets to the treasure chamber first!

☾☼☽

Asta and Noelle...

Green, slimy monsters surround Asta and Noelle.

"And what are we supposed to do?" Yelps Noelle as she turns to Asta. "Neither of us can use tracking spells!"

"We'll just have to check every path very carefully!" Asta grunts back. Nero idly sits on his head. "I'm gonna do this!" He yells as he strikes down one of the monsters.

Noelle runs. "Are you stupid? Oh, right, you are." She retorts. "At this rate, we'll get lost before we even find the treasure chamber!" A puff of air comes from Nero before he flaps his wings.

"Puhpuhpuh," can be heard from Nero as he flies to an entrance. Asta and Noelle look up at him in confusion.

"Nero?" Noelle asks.

"Kuhkuh," Nero says as he points to the entrance. Noelle and Asta gasp in surprise.

Mimosa, Yuno and Glasses Guy...

"Take the next right." Mimosa softly commands. The Golden Dawn members, plus one passed out and nauseous [Name], have been flying to the treasure room since they left Asta and Noelle behind.

"Okay," Yuno replies.

"What was that fool's name? Asta? The nerve." Glasses Guy grumbles. "There's no way he can beat us." Yuno stays silent. "What's with him, anyway? I couldn't sense any magic from him."

"You're right," Mimosa says as she puts a finger to her chin.

"What was the captain of the Black Bulls thinking, taking someone like him-" Glasses Guy is cut off by Yuno's next words.

"Sir Klaus," Glasses Guy, now known as Klaus, grunts. "It's best that you don't underestimate him," Yuno says as he turns back to look at his senior.

"They'll do well enough to get out of this dungeon alive. I'm just trying to conquer this dungeon as fast as possible, for our country's sake." Again, it is silent after Klaus speaks, the only noises being [Name]'s snoring and Yuno's soft winds.

The Wizard King...

"I have a report for the Wizard King." Up upon the throne, a lightly smiling Julius sits. However, on the inside, he is grim. He hasn't been the same since he saw [Name]. Marx can tell.

"The three Magic Knight Squads, the Golden Dawn, Crimson Lion Kings, and the Black Bulls, have begun their investigations in the dungeon. We have also confirmed that a military mage squad from the Diamond Kingdom is there." The messenger recounts.

Gasps resonate from the nobles in the room. "Our neighbor, the Diamond Kingdom..." Someone starts.

"They've been trying to expand their borders lately. They're an aggressive kingdom." Another says in a dark tone.

"There'll be trouble if we let them steal the ancient magic that might be in the dungeon." A noble comments in a gruff tone.

The forced cheery voice of the Wizard King resounds through the room. "Who's in charge of this invasion from Diamond?"

"Yes, sir. The one leading the enemy squad is Lotus of the Abyss." More gasps from the nobles.

"Lotus?!" They yell as they look at each other.

"Ah... I've met him on the battlefield before. He was pretty strong!" Julius recalls. "The magic he used was really interesting."

Marx speaks up. "Sir, should you sound so amused right now? Shouldn't you be more concerned?" He lowers himself to Julius' ear. "Especially with her on the mission?"

"Don't-" He coughs as his voice cracks at the mention of her. "Don't worry, it's fine. I hear Yami's sent an interesting one on this mission, as did Fuegloeon."

"But..." Marx reluctantly says.

"Lotus is strong, but our kids are strong, too." Especially [Name]. Julius darkly smiles. If anything happens to her, he would gladly massacre the Diamond Kingdom nobles.

☾☼☽

First Person POV...

I slowly open my eyes to see... "Mimosa! Watch out!" Springing into action, I shove the vermillion-haired noble out of the way so I take the damage. Wincing, I glare at the white-haired male that tried to attack her. Mimosa quickly gets to work and tries to heal me, but I wave her off.

"And just what the hell do you think you're... doing?" My voice trails off as I look at his mana. "How the hell do you have two types of magic?! That's just unfair!" I yell. I curse under my breath and start to heal myself while Glasses Guy looks at me, scandalized. Pale guy up there has Mineral and Fire Magic. What an unlikely pair.

"Crimson Lions girl, that is not the point. And please, refrain from using such crude language in Mimosa and I's presence." Glasses Guy turns to the enemy. "How dare you attempt to attack a woman, much less a noble? Were it not for her," he waves at me, "Mimosa would have been hurt." I glare at Glasses. Is he just not going to ask? Ah, whatever. It'll come up soon enough.

"That is irrelevant." The pale man's voice makes me shiver. What the hell? He doesn't sound right. "You're all in my way. Now, die."

 ☾☼☽

Words: 1090

Published: September 28th, 2020

Edited:Slightly