𝐗𝐈. ᗪᑌᑎᘜᗴOᑎ!

First Person POV...

Early morning, I walk to Captain Fuegoleon's office. Luckily, the week-long training with Mereoleona is over and she is traveling again. It was fun, though. And, me and Sir Leopold earned a ton of stars!

I knock on the wood using a complex pattern only I would use and afterward, I hear a faint 'Come in' from the other side of the door.

"Hi, Captain. You needed me for something?"

"Yes, you have a new mission. The Wizard King himself chose you for this and I agree because you have the most experience out of all of the newbies, [Name]. Although, I guess we can thank Mereoleona for that. This is a joint mission with the Golden Dawn and the Black Bulls. They each have a three-man team but you'll be alone, so I want you to be careful. Understood?"

"Hai! Captain Fuegoleon, I will be taking my leave now." I salute, bow and walk out of his office. But when in the world did I meet the Wizard King? Odd, I guess.

☾☼☽

"Hey~ Asta, Noe! I didn't know you guys were on this mission too!" I greet them before turning to a smiling blonde boy. "Hi! I'm [Name].(I actually wrote my name here, lmao) And you are?"

"I'm Luck! You seem really strong! Can we fight?" The overzealous boy asks. I grin as well. So this is another one of their seniors, huh?

"YES! Let's go right after this mission is over!" I cheer and pump my hands into the air.

"You came a little late, [Name]. You just missed our other seniors." Asta says.

"Let's see... it should be this way," Luck says as he walks off. We follow him down the hill and through the trees.

"Hey, [Name]. Why are you by yourself?" Noelle suddenly asks.

I chuckle bashfully. "Apparently, the Wizard King chose me because I have the most experience out of all the newbies! I'm guessing you guys were chosen by him too?"

Noe nods.

"They could've just dropped us off right in front of the dungeon." Noelle says, turning her attention to Luck.

The blonde boy laughs. "Finral's only able to go to places he's been to before." We make it to a log and Luck pulls himself up. "But thankfully, it was still near the dungeon." Asta and Noelle grunt as they pulled themselves over the log as well, when they're met with the sight of the large dungeon.

Luck, who has been our undisputed leader, takes us to the entrance of the dark dungeon. "Let's go!"

"Oh? Why the heck did you come?" Asta asks the familiar bird on his head. I narrow my eyes at it as it stares right back at me. I've always liked animals but this one is pushing all the wrong buttons.

"Asta, what is that thing doing here?" If birds could show emotion, this one would definitely be ticked off.

"I don't know, that's why I asked him. Oh yeah, his name is Nero now! Nero, this is [Name]." It responds by pecking his head as Asta screams one more.

☾☼☽

"Now... I've repaid my debt, Asta ." Lo and behold, Yuno comes in with a dramatic entrance after saving Asta and Noe. Luck went off on his own because he felt the mana of others.